SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the EST intake, cant figure out how to remove my airbox. i see the three plugs, each with 4-prongs that need to be pushed together. but how?!?!?!?! i have no elf handy to lend a tiny hand!<p>please!<p>maybe pics?<p>thanks guys<p>greg

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Re: How do i remove my Airbox? (DGBibo)

Use a socket that just slips over with and extension to get them to squeeze together... There are also some mounting bolts you need to remove... Loosen the clamp on the tube that connects to the back and you should be good.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Re: How do i remove my Airbox? (kmg_S60R)

To tell you the truth, when i removed my airbox, i reached my hand down and squeezed the four prongs inward towards eachother as much as I could and at the same time, with the other hand I yanked upward from the point of the airbox that each fastener was. Eventually they popped out. This was definately a difficult task.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Re: (DGBibo)

It's VERY easy. I removed mine with no instructions. I have an R setup in my car, so I can't really relate it to yours. I would follow your instructions that came with the kit, they depict it very accurately. I originally ordered the T5 intake, and the instructions looked good, but I had a different setup in my car, so I sent it back.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Use 10mm socket and push down from top of each tab. THis will squeeze the 4 prongs so it will slide down the hole. DO this for all 3 tabs and you should be able to pull up the air box.<p>Easier way is to just do the above procedure to the tab that is over the driver side fender. If this is off, you can just slide the whole air box to the left toward the engine. I'm assuming all the air intake piping (from grill and MAF ) are now removed as well as the top cover and filter. <p>Place the back the 3 tabs in place and just push the EST heat shield over them. It should line up properly.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, i will have to take all the attachments off first, including tubing, TCV, snorkel, then im taking it out, but i went out there last night and im looking at it like WTF?!?! <p>thanks guys!<p>do i have to worry about losing or breaking a plug? should i got buy some?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got it in! thanks guys for all your help, your right it was easy as pie! only weird part was my snorkle didnt meet both heatsheild and intake above radiator, if i connected to heatsheild wouldnt reach or fit in with radiator tube, and vise verse. i tried bending the snorkle to no avail. ended up getting some black caulk to seal it in there. i figure i can use a razor to get it out if i need to.<p>Sounds great, good throttle response (at least not any worse) <p>Fiance rolled her eyes.......perfect!

·
Registered
550 Posts

schweet... i was driving down the dan ryan today on the skyway and some dude rolled up in a STI and was riding beside me i gave it some gas and it made the "noise" he looked at me like "lets do this" of course too much traffic and my 197hp to his 260hp plus would leave me in the dust but its gonna be fun messing with peeps....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts