SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without physically taking the wheel off, how would I know if my '06 XC70 Ocean Race has 11 or 12" rotors? I need front brakes and rotors ASAP! If I do take the wheel off, how are they measured? Cuz 1" is easy to misread with the caliper and dust shield on. Do I just measure braking surface ...?

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Like 99% sure you have 11" rotor on.

What kind of wheels do you have on, can you clearly see the rotor? Using a screw driver or something long and straight mark the outter edges of the rotor on the wheel and measure.

The other way to identify 12" rotors is to look at the vents around the rotor hat. 12" rotors will have larger vents compared to 11" rotors.

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Without physically taking the wheel off, how would I know if my '06 XC70 Ocean Race has 11 or 12" rotors? I need front brakes and rotors ASAP! If I do take the wheel off, how are they measured? Cuz 1" is easy to misread with the caliper and dust shield on. Do I just measure braking surface ...?
Hi Alan,

When you get a free moment just shoot me over your VIN to [email protected], I'll be able to tell you your rotor size from the VIN.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts