SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 purchased through OSD<p><br>I didn't get the satellite radio, but how do I know if im prepped for it without pulling out the head unit?<p>I want to install the iPod adapter, but I understand the labor is much more intensive if I am not already prepped for satellite.<p>TIA.

·
Registered
700 Posts
THer eis a wire wrapped in foam in the trunk behind the left rear corner cover. That's where all your stereo addons go when installed.<p>Let the dealer install the ipod adapter. I saw the instructions myself and opted for them to do it. You have to remove a bunch of the interior per their instructions. and make sure yout get the satellite first adn then have the ipod installed. If your car is satellite prepped tey will use your satellite wire for your ipod. That's what they did for mine. Then when I went to install my satellite stuff my wire was not there. So now my ipod is disconnected until I get a piggyback cable for it.<p>If your car is satellite prepped, buy the kit yourself and install it. Very easy install. I did mine rather quicky. And it's a hell of alot cheaper then having them do it. Also if you are a VCOA member you will get 10% off the price of the kit from the dealer.<p>We can check on Sunday for htat wire at the meet if you are unsure. And you can check mine out at the same time to verify all my addons.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (Cementups)

good...i will be glad to see how it is hooked up in person and to see if i am prepped or not. cya then!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts