·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quoted?

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Re: How do I get a quote from a previous thread to appear in my post in that ... (Veefifty T5AWD)

When replying to a post, just click the "Quote" box above the composition frame to quote the text. You can cut out what you don't need.<p>If you want to quote arbitrary text, just wrap it in pairs - or
foo said:
to include attribution.<p>Be sure to use the preview before posting (the page-with-magnifying-glass icon), as small typos in the metadata can make a big mess.<p>Tom.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: How do I get a quote from a previous thread to appear in my post in that ... (Veefifty T5AWD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Veefifty T5AWD</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">quoted?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Works for me.<p>You can click on "Reply" for any poster in the thread (not just the last post) then click the "Quote" button and that poster's post will automatically insert into your reply.<p>Some pos(t)ers then edit the quote which is considered by many to be a no-no. Often, too, the original poster will edit his/her reply which makes your "Quote" of that post look - oh, never mind.<p>George Dill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts