SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Air Intakes?? Will they void your warranty?? Or do they just basically frown upon them as they do with just about any "aftermarket" work that is done to the car??

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Re: How do dealers feel about..... (s60rdood)

First, dealers can't void your warranty. Only Volvo Cars NA can do that.<p>Second, the part in question(the air intake) must cause the failure in question. The warranty repair of said part can be voided if the modded part can be demonstrated to have caused the failure.<p>Dealers generally don't like aftermarket stuff for 2 reasons 1) they didn't make any $$ on the aftermarket part 2) the part has caused a problem or complaint that they have to address.<p>There are a growing number of dealers who have direct relationships with Heico, IPD or Evolve and do enthusiastically support the aftermarket community. I suggest that you find such a dealer.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: How do dealers feel about..... (VolvoMax)

Yea, I meant Volvo NA (or whoever would give the final word for warranty issues)<p>I had my first encounter with my local Service Department, and let me tell you.....it was a completely different experience than the one I had with the Sales dept. The Sales dept. gave me the impression that they didn't have any time to help me and I was in their way......but the Service dept. is top notch (so far)....they helped me as soon as I walked in the door, asked me about the car...how I like it, anything I don't like or need looked at, problems, ect.....VERY NICE. So all in all, I hope they are "mod friendly".....I will find out tomorrow when I drop it off to get 1st service done.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Re: How do dealers feel about..... (s60rdood)

Air intakes are unlikely to void your warranty, unless something else surrounding the air box goes and they decide to blame it on installation of the intake having wrecked something else. This still won't void the entire warranty, just specific items. Most Volvo dealers will frown on aftermarket work, with the exception of a few who are more accepting of and/or willing to install aftermarket components. <p>Do a search on intakes though, as there is much debate about their usefulness in the R.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts