SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
you talking about thw color named "bright red", color code 609? dont know about the US, but here in Europe, only 850Rs were given that color from the factory, wasnt even possible to order a 850 lower in the engine/equip chain in that color. here it makes them pretty rare, atleast the original ones. in Norway I guesstimate about 25 original ones remain, a sizeable part of whom is privately imported. probably more frequent in the US though, maybe not regarded as a collectors limited edition on the same level as here either.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Like McShake said, 850 R's came in a brighter red, 609. Lesser 850's are 601.

855R I found online:

Difficult to see in pictures, but more obvious (at least to me with my cars) in person.

·
Registered
439 Posts
There are plenty of red 855's out here in Cali but not sure if that helps you being in Mass. If you can stand looking for it, go for the R. Interior alone is worth the wait.

·
Registered
158 Posts
yeah, I do like that suede/leather deal... it looks comfy.
They are comfy. I bought my wagon in Fresno, and drove almost 1k miles to bring it back home. Enjoyed every minute of it. Since buying our sedan in Feb, we've put about 16k miles between the two.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
just beware, I have a 601 Signal Red 854, and keeping a red car clean and shiny us a proper bitch. any swirls stand out, way more than on any black or white car. and none of them are metallic or clearcoated, just the red base color. when you do get it shiny, tho, you'll be religious man. a properly shined up red car is simply beautiful.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Thanks. I'll keep an eye out.
My wife has always really wanted a bright Red Volvo Wagon... so I plan on buying one for myself and never letting her drive it :D
Did you say "wife" or "ex-wife"? :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
All of the 850 series R cars are paint only (White, Red, Black and Yellow (T5-R only)). I will keep an eye out for ya Chapel.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts