SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that has done it and would like to give some details on how you think performance or sound has decreased/increased compared to stock, or compared to a 3in like most of us have. I have a 3in to magnaflow and would def want mufflers on both sides. Did you all use two 2.5in pipes or 2in pipes and noticed losing more low end? Would you use 1.5 inch pipes to total 3in amount...im back and forth with this idea but love the look so much

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
3" all the way. Used IPD catback and spliced in a Magnaflow muffler on passenger side, but still all 3". Two 1.5" pipes will provide no where near the cross sectional area as a single 3"...more like half the amount.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3" all the way. Used IPD catback and spliced in a Magnaflow muffler on passenger side, but still all 3". Two 1.5" pipes will provide no where near the cross sectional area as a single 3"...more like half the amount.
I wanted to add into my post but it wouldn't let me. Where are the exhaust hangers welded for the passenger side and where would the muffler hang with the big a** spare wheel well in the way? I've only seen pics of a dual exhaust setup from the floor, none from a lift how far back til you spliced? Like is it close to the muffler like pic attached or somewhere more in the middle

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Muffler hangs below the spare tire well...it's small enough that it works. I used the rear tow hook mounting point for the supporting bracket. See pics...

Exhaust1.jpg

Exhaust2.jpg

Exhaust3.jpg

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I don't know why the ended up like that, but when I click on the links I see the pics. You don't?

Edit: Re-uploaded and now they are showing. I had issues with the forum not showing as online this morning so must have been why these didn't load properly the first time.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know why the ended up like that, but when I click on the links I see the pics. You don't?

Edit: Re-uploaded and now they are showing. I had issues with the forum not showing as online this morning so must have been why these didn't load properly the first time.
Yes this is just what I needed! Now ingot a better idea of what to do and give my welder! Wooo! Thanks bro!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts