SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep looking for suspension parts like lower control arms or stabilizer bars
but it says for volvo C30 w/o sport suspension
I have a 2008 R-design but I heard these might just be cosmetic changes?

is there a different part for sport suspension or is it the same part with just stiffer bushings?

·
Registered
73 Posts
No that's not right. It depends on the year and country. Best to check the body codes to confirm the suspension fitted.

As an example in Australia early r-design cars were fitted with dynamic suspension (unless optioned for sport), later vehicles came with sport as standard.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, after talking with FCP they say their control arm replaces both regular or sport suspension for all C30s

so it just makes me wonder even more, is there actually any difference in the design or are the bushings just a little firmer and they call it 'sport'?
I know my Rdesign is bit lower, is that just the shocks making it lower

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
The changes are in the shocks/struts and springs.

You'll have to decode your chassis code

https://www.ipdusa.com/techtips/100...-where-can-i-find-it-and-what-does-it-tell-me

After you get that code, you should be able to go to a parts site. Look at struts for your car, and figure out if you have sport or not.

My strut code is 31, which translates to Dynamic. I was able to use Tasca's site to locate 31 Struts, which were listed as dynamic.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I see the code
but mine is different than others
apparently my car was made in belgium lol

so my code is 143196338C72

so the first two codes 14 and 31 are the spring and strut rate
but where does it say the lower control arm stiffness? I don't see any "sport suspension" code, lol
so my car might actually be dynamic?
from what I "understand" 2007 and earlier volvos have different size balljoint
but anything 2008 should all be interchangebale sport or regular and wont affect handling height, right?

https://blog.fcpeuro.com/locating-the-product-plate-on-a-p1-volvo-c30-s40-v50-c70

the OEM volvo sport suspension lower control arms are 160$ each
should I just get them or get a cheaper aftermarket one?

on tasca it just says #8 w/ sport or w/o sport
with mazda, I can just call mazda or put in the vin and it will tell me if it has an LSD or bilsteins from the factory
https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-par...ont-suspension-cat/suspension-components-scat

·
Registered
73 Posts
but where does it say the lower control arm stiffness? ...
but anything 2008 should all be interchangebale sport or regular and wont affect handling height, right?
Legend has is it that the sports lower control arms are dimensionally different to correct the camber from a lowered suspension. I believe that is the only difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts