SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's face it.

As convenient as the auto off feature can be, there are times you just want to get out of the car and leave it running.

Sometimes you want to diagnose that noise. Sometimes you want to run a quick errand into the shop leaving someone in the car with it running and the radio on.

I can't for th elife of me figure out how to do this.

Someone elsewhere mentioned that it has to do with whether or not you are buckled when opening the door.

When I remove my seatbelt before opening the door, the car instantly shuts off.

When I open the door without removing the seatbelt, it keeps running...

...until I take my belt off to get out, and it instantly shuts off.

There absolutely HAS to be a way to circumvent this.

Can anyone tell me what it is?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
If start/stop is enabled it will auto shut off when you open the door. I will try in a bit. I think that’s it though.

·
Registered
392 Posts
For my car if I unbuckle while still rolling to my mail box, put car in park then open the door. It won't shut off. If I stop, unbuckle then open the door then it will shut off.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
You can also shift into tiptronic briefly before going into park. Tiptronic disables the auto start/stop. I use this trick when pulling through a parking spot that I know I'll need to go backwards a bit. I hate shifting from drive to reverse and the car turns off in between.

·
Registered
926 Posts
You can also shift into tiptronic briefly before going into park. Tiptronic disables the auto start/stop. I use this trick when pulling through a parking spot that I know I'll need to go backwards a bit. I hate shifting from drive to reverse and the car turns off in between.
I have never had that happen and I have to parallel park multiple times a day, so lots of shifts from D to R and back. Are you coming to full stops, waiting, then shifting?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Disable start stop and it will not shut off

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.