SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would take my downtime to wax and wash my love. For some reason all the touchless washes around were closed. So against my better judgement I went to one of those $5 washes. When I got done I just headed home so I could dry off and clean the interior. Then I realized that the car wash did this...

This wasn't the only one. In all there were 6 patches of these bristle marks from bumper to bumper. I WAS LIVID. So I flew back up to the wash and demanded that the owner come look at my car. After agreeing on how bad it was he told me that since I left the premises, there was nothing he could do. Needless to say I almost blacked out from anger. Luckily for both the owner and myself, his wife was standing nearby. She told me to go to the local parts store and get everything that I needed to buff the scratches out myself and put it on the company account. Before leaving she told me to get any and all products that I see that I need.

After calming down, I stocked up on an entire set of car care products ranging from basic wax and clay bars to polish and rubbing compounds to a complete interior care lineup.

I am fine now and after a full morning of work....

All better.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
That looks like someone tried cleaning off a dried on bird turd with sandpaper.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Thats what I thought too. The scratches are 2 different directions. If it was from an automatic car wash with brushes (the only kind I will use btw unless I'm blasting off mud) then the scratches would all be one direction. I've never had an issue with a brush type automatic wash. Which actually clean the car unlike touch free which are pretty useless.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ouch. Not sure how that happened but glad you got it looking back the way it was. I try to only use hand wash places, if I can't do it myself.

Btw, nice Power T on the front. Did this happen in Ktown?

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Never use touch car washes !!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Find it hard to believe that this is caused by the machine, sure looks like mentioned - hard rubbing on dried bird droppings..
BTW did you run the car through the machine yourself? Went by one of these cheap cleaning places myself a few months ago, as I was waiting my turn i noticed how they treated the cars in front of me, dirty sponges picked up from the ground was used to clean wheels and sideskirts. Needless to say, I happily left the place without having it cleaned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts