SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
So, non-turbo AT with a sport steering wheel and Homelink? Is $6500 really below KBB??

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
They are alright. No major issues on the fwd cars (from 03 onward)

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
expensive, non-turbo, scuffed rear bumper, and they didnt even get the brake dust off the front wheels for a sale ad.

in high elevations a turbo model is said to be much to your advantage

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Skag, there is a few S60 in really good condition out there, all depends of what do you want, turbo, NA, auto, manual, etc.

·
Registered
877 Posts
They are alright. No major issues on the fwd cars (from 03 onward)

The car in your add looks like a patch up job though. Notice the mismatched seat panel in the rear passenger side seat, the misaligned dash above the climate control, and the mismatched center couple color ( as if it was painted with some sort of color match product). And the headliner for that color of seats is usually grey, not beige. Find another one, that is not a patch up.
Pretty sure the "mismatched seat panel" your seeing is just sun hitting the seat. All in all its not a terrible car, the kbb is actually fairly close around 6200 for good condition, would i pay 6500...no, i would offer the guy 5,000. Considering it has 112k miles and the owner does not mention the timing belt or water pump being replaced I'm sure this car needs them. Then the bumper to be color matched my guess would be anywhere from 300-500 depending on the body shop and quality of work. So that is why I'd offer 5000 to the seller and explain to him why. If he has replaced the timing belt and water pump I'd still try for 5k obviously but there would be nothing wrong with paying 5750 for this car. I mean it is a 2004 it does look to be in good shape for the most part and would be fairly easy to maintain being that it is not a turbo.

One thing though, if you do get this car please take off that hideous steering wheel cover.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Yeah that seat panel is definitely from the sun. The "misaligned" dash is pretty common. As the cars age and the heat inside the car slowly affects the plastics it makes slight gaps. That's not an issue at all.

Also the headliner is the same as mine. It's the lighting.

The car however is a rip off. Kelly Blue Book is also an awful source for pricing anything. It's very dealer oriented. I have a more accurate book and they have a website, but I can't find it for the life of me. When I find out more I'll share. But I think private party sale would be closer to $4k-$5k

·
Registered
877 Posts
The car however is a rip off. Kelly Blue Book is also an awful source for pricing anything. It's very dealer oriented. I have a more accurate book and they have a website, but I can't find it for the life of me. When I find out more I'll share. But I think private party sale would be closer to $4k-$5k
Yeah that price sounds better to me, i mean the fact that its a 2004 in my opinion would bring it closer to the 5k mark but kbb also doesnt factor in matienance costs and who knows what else could be wrong with the car make sure and try and find that out when you go look at the car. And then ofcourse get a carfax just to be sure the car is free from accidents.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Skagsig, i know you are getting tired of us telling you how ALL of these cars are overpriced. I'd be lucky to get $7,500 for my car and it retailed for ~8k more when new.. and it has less miles, and is in better condition.

Expand your horizons out of colorado and you will greatly increase your chances of finding something priced to sell in good condition. searchtempest.com will help you scour craigslist more efficiently.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Yeah that price sounds better to me, i mean the fact that its a 2004 in my opinion would bring it closer to the 5k mark but kbb also doesnt factor in matienance costs and who knows what else could be wrong with the car make sure and try and find that out when you go look at the car. And then ofcourse get a carfax just to be sure the car is free from accidents.
KBB Is more of a dealer tool than a private party tool as far as the appraisals go.

I hate how people use KBB for everything though. I can't remember what the other appraisal service is though.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
KBB Is more of a dealer tool than a private party tool as far as the appraisals go.

I hate how people use KBB for everything though. I can't remember what the other appraisal service is though.
the other one is NADA, but even it seems kinda high for an 04 2.4i with over 100k miles. $5950 for "clean trade in" and $8500 for "clean retail"

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys! I'm going to pass on this one. I found a really clean 2003 with only 50,000 miles on it but they want almost $14,000 for it!!!! I offered them $9,000 but they did not respond.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Thanks guys! I'm going to pass on this one. I found a really clean 2003 with only 50,000 miles on it but they want almost $14,000 for it!!!! I offered them $9,000 but they did not respond.
With almost 10 years of wearing, the t-belt/tensioner/pulley need to be replaced now, regardless of mileage. No doubt you haven't heard back b/c they think they have this "pristine" example of a Volvo that is every bit as good as a 50,000 mi '08.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
the other one is NADA, but even it seems kinda high for an 04 2.4i with over 100k miles. $5950 for "clean trade in" and $8500 for "clean retail"
NADA wasn't it either. At least I don't think.

I used edmunds just now and my estimate was about spot on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts