SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a quote from the dealer for a rear wheel hub and front subframe bushings. The parts are significantly higher than Tasca's suggested price.

I was ready to pay suggested retail... they have to back up defective parts, they diagnosed the squeak & noise for "free", but somehow feel i would be taken advantage of if they charge a premium over suggested retail. Am I wrong to feel this way?

also, are the subframe bushings the same thing as engine cradle bushings? From the pictures it looks like two names for the same thing.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
1. I would tell them what you problem is "I really want to use your services, but when I check online I can't help but feel as if I'm being taken advantage of. I would feel comfortable paying MSRP for the parts."
2. You may want to look into IPD's Poly Subframe Bushing Insert Kit. http://www.ipdusa.com/products/8969/120168-ipd-poly-subframe-bushing-insert-kit
3. Yes, they are one in the same.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
Ask your dealer if they're willing to match Tasca or DW Volvo's prices.

They both have online stores/catalogs with the prices published. Sometimes on certain parts, Tasca will undercut DW and vice versa.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ask your dealer if they're willing to match Tasca or DW Volvo's prices.

They both have online stores/catalogs with the prices published. Sometimes on certain parts, Tasca will undercut DW and vice versa.
I faxed the dealer the cart from tasca and told him i would call back in a few days to get a new quote. I also told him that I wanted all four subframe bushings replaced, not just the two rear ones that are noisy, and i wanted the ipd kit put in with the new ones.

he was going to replace on rear hub - the noisy one, i told him we would do both along with rotors and pads since we are in there. i ordered akebono pads from amazon last night, and will see if he can come close to tascas 63 per rotor otherwise i will get them from tasca or get others off amazon.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update - they crunched some numbers, i am getting the two hub & bearings and the four engine cradle bushings from the dealer. they are installing them next week along with the akebono pads from amazon.com and the rotors i am getting from tasca for $20 a rotor less. shipping is 13 for the rotors and tax if local is about that so i save $40.

I am paying about $100 more for the other parts from the dealer than tasca, but since they supplied them, i think they have to warrantee them. plus if i brought the parts, they wold just jack up the labor.

they are charging me 209 per side for labor to replace the hub, rotor and pads, and 600 to install the four subframe bushings and the IPD poly bushing kit. thanks for the heads up wilks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts