SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that when the a/c is not on, the air that comes in is a lot warmer than the outside temperature. I didn't notice this in my previous car. It was more or less equivalent to the outside temp.

Is this normal for the xc60?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I've noticed this fact in all my previous cars because inevitably the AC goes out and I choose not to get it fixed. The air blown out is noticeably warmer than outside air.

Based on my previous vehicles, I haven't been surprised by the 60s temp w AC off, seems to be inline with them... yes, pretty warm. I never understood why.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My XC60 does the same thing intermittently, most noticeable from the center vents, and I never remember to ask the dealer about it.

I wonder if it happens when the turbo/intercooler heats things up under the hood?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I've noticed that when the a/c is not on, the air that comes in is a lot warmer than the outside temperature. I didn't notice this in my previous car. It was more or less equivalent to the outside temp.

Is this normal for the xc60?
IMO this is normal, the air passes through the engine bay (which is very well insulated) which would cause there to be some heat exchange. When the AC is on the vehicle regulates the temperature of the air.

Just because AC is on doesn't mean the air has to be blowing cold. It is often recommended in cold climates to have AC on in the winter with full defrost to help remove any moisture in the air (from shoes/snow on mats).

The one thing I have noticed is when AC is off there is definitely more air flow come out as the vehicle tries to regulate the inside temp.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMO this is normal, the air passes through the engine bay (which is very well insulated) which would cause there to be some heat exchange. When the AC is on the vehicle regulates the temperature of the air.

Just because AC is on doesn't mean the air has to be blowing cold. It is often recommended in cold climates to have AC on in the winter with full defrost to help remove any moisture in the air (from shoes/snow on mats).

The one thing I have noticed is when AC is off there is definitely more air flow come out as the vehicle tries to regulate the inside temp.
Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts