SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helloy again, today i found out that on the driver's vent it is coming out hot air. I went to the dealer and they said the damper is damaged and they couldn't calibrate it and they have to change it. That means taking the hole dashbord off. My question is... is there a way to change that damper with out removing the dash, i really do not want to do this operation.

Please help!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Have you tried searching on SS about how difficult it is to remove the dash? Might be something you can do yourself with patience. I would start there.
May someone else will have better answer for you...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
There is a tech journal on this.

The problem with the car I did was the linkage between the damper motor and the blend door. The motor tries to move but the linkage gets jammed.

The reason the climate box gets replaced is it was designed for RHD. In LHD car, the steering column, dash braces/supports impede the replacement of the motor only, as can be done for passenger side damper motors on LHD cars.

If you can get the damper motor with the updated linkage, you could probably just replace those (after pulling the dash). I seem to recall no motor/linkage available individually for driver side, hence total climate box replacement (all new damper motors/linkage installed).

In either case, you will need VIDA to calibrate the system after any part replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts