SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably not as interesting as the 'Heico Sportiv C70', but here it is...

"Peter Horbury new head of Design at Volvo Car Corporation

Volvo Car Corporation has today appointed Peter Horbury as new Vice President of Design. He replaces Steve Mattin, who has elected to leave the company.

Effective May 1, Peter Horbury, age 59, will assume responsibility for the division of Product Design within Volvo Cars. He will lead the next stage of the development of Volvo Cars' design language."

Wonder if he'll get rid of The Pod?

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Horbury returns (rfkuehn)

Quote, originally posted by rfkuehn »
Probably not as interesting as the 'Heico Sportiv C70', but here it is...

"Peter Horbury new head of Design at Volvo Car Corporation

Volvo Car Corporation has today appointed Peter Horbury as new Vice President of Design. He replaces Steve Mattin, who has elected to leave the company.

Effective May 1, Peter Horbury, age 59, will assume responsibility for the division of Product Design within Volvo Cars. He will lead the next stage of the development of Volvo Cars' design language."

Wonder if he'll get rid of The Pod?

WTF?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another too-far leap on my part? More hints (all from Autoblog):

Peter Horbury returns to head Volvo design
(Apr 1st, 2009)

and

Volvo design chief Steve Mattin leaves company
(Mar 27th 2009)

and

Volvo COO sees company's less eye-catching lineup as an advantage in these times
(Mar 26th, 2009)

That said, really don't need repeats of what's already posted elsewhere. But what's the rest of the story???

A Horbury-for-Mattin move was certainly orchestrated in the seniormost executive suites. Probably a huge message in there somewhere, but I have no clue what it is.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: (rfkuehn)

That's why I say WTF? Volvo is headed down the path of this new design direction, and there hasn't been a lot of negative pushback, ala Bangle.

Werid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts