SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I go to open my hood, only the right latch will open. I can see the left side move a little bit but it never unlatches. Is there any other way to open the left side through the grille? Also are there any cable adjustments, or would I need a whole new cable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Poke a pen in there to release the latch. Once open, that side needs to be adjusted.
Rare that you should need a new cable

·
Registered
837 Posts
There are also two rubber bumpers near the top of the struts above each wheel. Turn them to adjust the hood closing position up or down.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried poking around in there but can’t find what to move to open the latch. If anyone could point me in the right direction I could appreciate it

·
Registered
151 Posts
Had a similar issue where my left side latch would stick, ended up needing a new release cable. Not sure how the shop managed to get it open though. I think if you hold the release and have someone push down and lift up on the hood it may release eventually.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had a similar issue where my left side latch would stick, ended up needing a new release cable. Not sure how the shop managed to get it open though. I think if you hold the release and have someone push down and lift up on the hood it may release eventually.
Was it a big job to replace the cable?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had a body shop do it. I think it cost around $300 in the end but I can't recall completely.

It's probably not too bad if you can get the hood open. The battery box will have to come out and possibly a few other connections.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I had the same issue. The cable between the two latches began to rust and release tension on the cable. I ended up replacing the cable. Now, both latches POP at the same time. The cable was around $52CAD. I did it myself in about 45 minutes. You need to remove the battery, the headlamp and the grille.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts