SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if someone has the same problem I have and how they fix it. I recently purchased two s40 for me and my wife. Hers is an early 04 mine is a 02. Both cars have some of the same quirks. First off when I open hood it hits the driver side wiper arm. I did notice there is a difference in the arms from driver side and passenger side. Any ideas on how I can fix it before I start modifing parts.

·
Registered
505 Posts
It's a common problem. You can simply bend the wiper arm a bit and it should help to minimize the hood catching the wipers arm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I am going to give that a try. I noticed today the arms are bent different from driver side and pass side. Does anyone know are they exchangeable ?

·
Registered
505 Posts
They're slightly different, i think more so because of the length of the wipers.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I was wondering if someone has the same problem I have and how they fix it. I recently purchased two s40 for me and my wife. Hers is an early 04 mine is a 02. Both cars have some of the same quirks. First off when I open hood it hits the driver side wiper arm. I did notice there is a difference in the arms from driver side and passenger side. Any ideas on how I can fix it before I start modifing parts.
The proper fix for this would be to replace the wiper linkage itself or at least the plastic end pieces on the wiper linkage. See the thread below for details:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=152067

1 - 5 of 5 Posts