SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Re: hood protector (erinrules)

I am not sure it is worth the effort... They look ugly IMHO.

The hood (bonnet) isn't really in the firing line for stones all that much - as the nose cone gets all the impacts as far as I can see.

I have done over 40,000kms on sealed and unsealed roads plus had to endure passing through many areas where roadworks haven taken place (nasty coarse bluemetal stones all over the place) and I have zero chips so far on the bonnet.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Re: hood protector (notthestig)

Hi Stig,

you getting a new 70? as i am thinking i might place an order. it wouldnt come until the end of the year and i will have mine up to at least 60k by then. Apologies if this is off post.

For on post, I have also done 40000 kms or 24000miles and not a chip. couple of stones have hit me though and I figure the paint/metal is tougher than my last ride, a subaru forester, as by this stage in that vehicle i had quite a few chips etc.

cheers
Hatdtiver.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Re: hood protector (Hatdriver)

Quote, originally posted by Hatdriver »
Hi Stig,

you getting a new 70? as i am thinking i might place an order. it wouldnt come until the end of the year and i will have mine up to at least 60k by then. Apologies if this is off post.

cheers
Hatdtiver.

Yes... Tempting...

Going to look into it soon. To get the 50% tax break we just need to get delivery before the end of the year (?) and a 4 month delay on special orders means I guess I have to make my mind up soon... Need to find out trade in values but if it makes sense financially, I would have no hesitation ordering another, especially with the new motor. I guess you would option the rear armrest this time though ? (Not sure I could bear to part with any of the options I have now unfortunately - those vented seats were excellent in the warmer weather...)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: hood protector (erinrules)

i had the 3m hood protector put on my 09 xc70. it does not go on the front of the car but on the hood and part of the front quarter panels. the dealer told me the very front of the car is plastic, not metal, which is why there is no protector placed there.

IMHO its ugly. the car is sapphire black and it looks like crap - when you look at the hood you can clearly see where it is. when i wax the car i get a line of white that is very difficult to remove where the plastic ends. i'm thinking of taking it off.

save your money

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.