SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you guys putting your cover on every time it rains? I know it should be a no brainer, but I do have the water repellant cover over my filter. I can see putting it on in downpours or winter weather. I'm talking about a spring shower that last 20min. Do I need to pull over pop the hood and put this cover on that's not even water tight? Just wanted to get an idea of what the masses are doing.

O yea. 100 post. What

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I have 2 cars now, so I leave it on most of the time in case I'm not with my car. It looks great on or off(I have the Elevate decal on the cover). I left it off the other day and it rained pretty hard, my air filter was pretty damn wet when I got back. It doesn't make a real difference when you're driving, so it's probably best to put the wing nuts on when you can!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I only put mine on when:
1. Before heavy downpour, if I was caught in the rain than I knew ahead of time it wasn't going to be a heavy one otherwise I would have pulled over, if caught in light rain its no biggie
2. If my car isn't sitting in the garage and left out for a day or so; pollen sucks, so I dont want it sitting and resting on my filters as the car sits - plus there might be a heavy downpour, dont want to saturate the filter.
3. Washing my car.

Again, light sprints of rain is no biggie

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
im thinking of going this route, but the idea of having to carry or put on the cover at any given moment is a little bit sketchy...:)

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
im thinking of going this route, but the idea of having to carry or put on the cover at any given moment is a little bit sketchy...:)
Well, not much different than driving with T-Tops eh?

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
The cover fits perfectly in the glove box, and the cover goes on in 2 minutes tops, aint no thang

1 - 6 of 6 Posts