SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hood is starting to develop small bubbles. A few months ago I only saw two and then I washed the car today and noticed there were many more. My S60 is CPO 2016, would this be covered under my warranty? I’ve attached some photos below you may have to look closely to see what I’m talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
3,899 Posts
Those look like Sap spots, you can remove them with isopropyl alcohol 50/50 mix, wipe gently.

·
3,899 Posts
Rico is correct, it’s not a case of rust. Soap and water will not remove hardened sap.

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you consistently park under a pine tree I’d recommend keeping some of those isopropyl swabs in your car. You can clean them up really quickly.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I think wd40 or wd40 silicon spray will work as well

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
My hood is starting to develop small bubbles. A few months ago I only saw two and then I washed the car today and noticed there were many more. My S60 is CPO 2016, would this be covered under my warranty? I’ve attached some photos below you may have to look closely to see what I’m talking about.

As others said, make sure this isn't sap or other gunk on the hood. Or that these aren't rock chips. If it is indeed bubbling, or the clear coat is pealing, then chat with dealer. But follow the advice of other's first and see what happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts