SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for the homelink buttons and I can't find them. I have looked on the visor and on the frameless mirror. We haven't owned a car in nearly 20 years that hasn't had homelink so I assumed this car had it too. Is this not standard on the XC60?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Would be located on the driver’s side visor. If you don’t have it, it should be fairly easy to install. Buy a new or used visor and connect it to power that should already be there. The Homelink device is self-contained, so just needs power.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
I have been looking for the homelink buttons and I can't find them. I have looked on the visor and on the frameless mirror. We haven't owned a car in nearly 20 years that hasn't had homelink so I assumed this car had it too. Is this not standard on the XC60?
These came with the Convenience package and are found on the driver's side visor. If absent, your vehicle didn't include said package.

·
Registered
798 Posts
These came with the Convenience package and are found on the driver's side visor. If absent, your vehicle didn't include said package.
While it did come with the convenience package, not all cars with it had the convenience package. Sometimes it was just an option by itself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would be located on the driver’s side visor. If you don’t have it, it should be fairly easy to install. Buy a new or used visor and connect it to power that should already be there. The Homelink device is self-contained, so just needs power.
Thanks for the info. I was under the impression that it took a new mirror. I have found the part on an OEM Volvo Parts webiste (Volvopartswebstore) but there seems to be 2 homelink part numbers for each color. I would need soft beige and they have a 39824069 part number for $260.79 and a 39824066 (supersedes 39814823) for $480.48. The item name and description is identical.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I talked to someone at Volvo Cars Gilbert in Arizona and he said that both have mirrors and home link and are soft beige. But the cheaper one (39824069) is for Canadian vehicles, and the expensive one (39824069) is for US vehicles. Oh well. I might have paid in the $200 range for homelink, but I don't think I can justify almost $500. I wonder what could be different between the Canadian and US sun visors or home link transmitters. I can't imagine that the home link buttons on a US car wouldn't work on Canadian garage door openers.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
I talked to someone at Volvo Cars Gilbert in Arizona and he said that both have mirrors and home link and are soft beige. But the cheaper one (39824069) is for Canadian vehicles, and the expensive one (39824069) is for US vehicles. Oh well. I might have paid in the $200 range for homelink, but I don't think I can justify almost $500. I wonder what could be different between the Canadian and US sun visors or home link transmitters. I can't imagine that the home link buttons on a US car wouldn't work on Canadian garage door openers.
Convenience Package Included:

Folding Mirrors
Homelink
Grocery Holder
Keyless Entry

·
Registered
798 Posts
Just a guess, maybe they have different operating frequencies or range restrictions in Canada.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have read there is difference between European and USA frequencies, but never heard of a difference between USA and Canada. Unfortunately it is too expensive to buy one just to try.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Thanks for the link to the nice writeup. We had a collision in our XC60, if it isn't totaled I will definitely add a homelink visor.
Hope you were all right and no one was injured!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts