SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Button #1 is slowly sinking into the control panel housing. Of course I could switch to use another button to open the garage. But is there any fix or do I have to replace the entire visor? And should that be Volvo's responsibility or mine? I am now on my extended Volvo warranty. Never read about this issue before.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Happens.
If it's CPO you may ...be covered. I'm not sure, CPO usually does NOT cover interior trim.

If not call Erie for a used one.
www.erievovo.com
1 888 volvo 13

There's no real fix as far as I know, it's easier to just replace it

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had that problem when I first tried to program mine, I was able to just pop the cover/trim piece off and readjust it. Works fine now.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Our #2 button is almost flat. I was planning to investigate the micro switches at some point, but haven't had the chance yet.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never fixed the problem, but I programmed all 3 buttons to open the garage, just in case #1 disappeared. I was going to purchase a new visor with the homelink if they all start to fail.

·
Registered
565 Posts
hate to revive an old thread but we had the same problem and Volvo fixed it no questions asked.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
thanks to this thread, just programmed the unused 3rd button as gate opener. the 1st button is definitely sunk in and less responsive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts