SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Liftmaster garage door and cannot pair it with my XC60.
I followed every step shown at homelink.com and several YouTube videos to no avail. I tried the direct remote to homelink pairing, using the motor’s Learn feature but the darn mirror button never gets set.
My Acura/s have no trouble with it.
Can anybody help? Would OnCall assist for issues like this?

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have a new xc60 inscription as well, and a Chamberlain liftmaster. Had zero problems pairing and getting it to work. I'm not sure why your homelink is balky. If the buttons are clearly nonresponsive there may be an issue.

Btw, I was an acura/honda guy for years too. Seriously considered the RDX at one point.

I wonder if it might help if you posted a step by step about what you did. I'm sure lots of posters here have a liftmaster.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I have Chamberlain model 450C and my Homelink paired right up and zero issues. I do think the Homelink RF range is not as great as the oem opener, but that’s not an issue at all. I love not having the extra clutter in the cabin.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
I simply followed the steps in user manual and no problem. Not liftmaster though.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I think homelink customer service can help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a new xc60 inscription as well, and a Chamberlain liftmaster. Had zero problems pairing and getting it to work. I'm not sure why your homelink is balky. If the buttons are clearly nonresponsive there may be an issue.

Btw, I was an acura/honda guy for years too. Seriously considered the RDX at one point.

I wonder if it might help if you posted a step by step about what you did. I'm sure lots of posters here have a liftmaster.
The first method I tried was pressing button 1 from the mirror and a couple of inches away the button from the remote that opens the door. The mirror LED flashes slowly but never gets solid or programmed.
The second method is pressing the liftmaster Learn button and within 30 seconds press button 1 from the mirror. Same results as before.

I like the new RDX very much but their leasing rates are absurd. The only other big flaw it has are it’s brakes.
From the value point of view, it cannot be beat. A fully equipped Advance retails for like 7K less than a T5 Inscription.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I simply followed the steps in user manual and no problem. Not liftmaster though.

Are you referring to the Volvo manual? I could not find anything about homelink in it in the manual that came with the car.
Pls let me know what page.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Are you referring to the Volvo manual? I could not find anything about homelink in it in the manual that came with the car.
Pls let me know what page.
There is a PDF full version of the manual. Search and download it. Easy to search. The supplementary manual in car is not detailed at all.

Page 468 on T8 manual.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Make sure the remote has a fresh battery in it. Then just follow the instructions as posted above. You may have to play a bit with how you hold the remote in relationship to the Homelink button. It may take longer than what you were willing to wait. My experience has been that it will recognize the remote within a minute or less. A point of reference that does not impact our cars was when you try and pair an older car Homelink with the newer 2.0 code system associated with the newer garage door openers. In that case you have to buy a repeater that translates your Homelink into a signal the garage door system recognizes.

I also find the distance that my Chamberlain door begins to open is about 100 feet which is pretty good.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
I have a Liftmaster garage door and cannot pair it with my XC60.
I followed every step shown at homelink.com and several YouTube videos to no avail. I tried the direct remote to homelink pairing, using the motor’s Learn feature but the darn mirror button never gets set.
My Acura/s have no trouble with it.
Can anybody help? Would OnCall assist for issues like this?
Works fine and have same type of garage door opener. You need to press homelink button and the garage door button while holding the Garage Door Opender right next to the homelink.

The homelink will start rapid blinking. Release both buttons.

Press the Homelink Button you programmed for 5 seconds up to 2 times. Now see if it opens the door.

If not, hold down the learn button on the garage door opener mounted to the wall. Go to car and press and hold homelink button.

Here's instructions: http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9694/~/programming-homelink-%28garage-door-opener%29

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Make sure the remote has a fresh battery in it. Then just follow the instructions as posted above. You may have to play a bit with how you hold the remote in relationship to the Homelink button. It may take longer than what you were willing to wait. My experience has been that it will recognize the remote within a minute or less. A point of reference that does not impact our cars was when you try and pair an older car Homelink with the newer 2.0 code system associated with the newer garage door openers. In that case you have to buy a repeater that translates your Homelink into a signal the garage door system recognizes.

I also find the distance that my Chamberlain door begins to open is about 100 feet which is pretty good.
Following all the directions (same as described above) given by Volvo and even Homelink did not work out.
I got on the phone with a masterlift tech level 2 and finally she was able to set it. The trick was going to the wall panel and establishing the remote connection over there. It took quite a bit of effort but finally got it done.
Thanks to all that chipped in advice and suggestions.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Homelink issues

Following all the directions (same as described above) given by Volvo and even Homelink did not work out.
I got on the phone with a masterlift tech level 2 and finally she was able to set it. The trick was going to the wall panel and establishing the remote connection over there. It took quite a bit of effort but finally got it done.
Thanks to all that chipped in advice and suggestions.
Hi there - I am having similar issues with my XC90. Do you remember what exactly did you have to do in order to make it work?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm also having this problem... no amount of fiddling with holding down buttons and hitting [Learn] on my main garage opener motor mechanism works.

I don't understand this thing about a remote connection ... my Chamberlain is hard wired to the wall. The wall button just sends a closed circuit to the main opener unit. How did you establish a "remote connection" with the wall?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I had no problem connecting my new XC60 to both of my (old, as in 13+ years) Liftmaster units.

I would suggest though the Car Mfgr owner's manuals give a generic set of instructions, and there are some garage openers that have add-on units used to add functionality that may change the procedure, and it would appear Canada has some variation from US. It's a lot easier just to use the Homelink website for instructions which will prompt for vehicle/make/model https://homelink.com/program/process/1 -- I printed them out and had them ready when I brought my last 3 cars home, zero problem. I'm a little surprised that reference isn't in the Volvo documentation, but it's a good bookmark to have.

Good luck.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm also having this problem... no amount of fiddling with holding down buttons and hitting [Learn] on my main garage opener motor mechanism works.

I don't understand this thing about a remote connection ... my Chamberlain is hard wired to the wall. The wall button just sends a closed circuit to the main opener unit. How did you establish a "remote connection" with the wall?
The Liftmaster wall button that I have has a small LCD panel with navigation buttons. You need to navigate through the options until you find the programming menu.
Unfortunately it is in my summer home and cannot get to it to give you step by step directions.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have a Genie, and both my XC90 and 60 would not connect to it. Someone said if you buy a universal remote, pair that to the opener, than use that remote to program Homelink it would work. Have not tried that yet.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC60 Momentum T6
121 Posts
I have both a Genie and a Stanely door opener. They both have 'learn' buttons on them. I had no problems programming the homelink buttons on the mirror to work with the openers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts