SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had front glass replaced recently, and I have noticed that my Home Link has extremely short reach after this.
Does anyone have a clue what could cause this and how to get the reach back ?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
That is one thing I am really happy about in my 2017 T8. I have the heated windshield that has lines running through it. I can open our gate and/or garage door with MyQ (Liftmaster) from about 150 feet. As far as I know the Homelink resides in the rear view mirror. I don't believe there is a separate antenna that could have been bent or blocked. It sounds like perhaps the windshield they used is aftermarket? I don't recall hearing that you need to recalibrate the windshield after changing it out. Perhaps Gunsmoke or Tech can offer their insight. You might reprogram the garage door to see if that helps. It probably will not make a difference as it is a digital signal but should be easy enough to do. On your garage door opener, press the learn button and then within 30 seconds hit the button you programed in your car for that device. Hold it until you see the garage door blink or make a sound. Then let go and press again to activate the door. See if your distance has improved. I do notice that even when I am only 20 feet away from our door that if the car is pointed going away from the garage that pushing the Homelink button does not result in the garage door closing. So there must be some sort of directional antenna or field of view that works best. The new glass might distort that field of view?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I noticed on the XC60 forum that someone had their T8 windshield replaced. Tech did state that there is a calibration that needs to be done after the windshield is replaced. Not sure if that only covers the accident mitigation/Pilot Assist or also includes Homelink.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've always had horrible range with my Homelink mirrors. Mine only seem to work about 1-2 houses away. My wife's Lexus is the exception though, I can open the garage from about 8 houses away in that car for some reason.

·
Registered
442 Posts
“Gunsmoke”

Lol

MTA- at least your homelink works!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Meant Gunshow.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have my original windshield and Homelink doesn't work until I am basically pulling into the driveway. So, about 30 feet, tops. Definitely weaker than my last car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts