SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparently today when my buddy was behind me I was maybe going eh.....40 or so and he told me to rip past this camaro...so I did a 2nd gear match and ripped hard and apparently when I shifted from 2nd to 3rd I shot flames, just a spurt but still flames????

I was able to replicate it once again for my buddy and I am perdy surprised haha.

I guess the High-Flow has upgraded to zero-resistance. Perhaps I'm running pretty rich but something is causing excess fuel in my exhaust!

Anyone else seen this happen?

~Vio aka 2F2F

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
So apparently today when my buddy was behind me I was maybe going eh.....40 or so and he told me to rip past this camaro...so I did a 2nd gear match and ripped hard and apparently when I shifted from 2nd to 3rd I shot flames, just a spurt but still flames????

I was able to replicate it once again for my buddy and I am perdy surprised haha.

I guess the High-Flow has upgraded to zero-resistance. Perhaps I'm running pretty rich but something is causing excess fuel in my exhaust!

Anyone else seen this happen?
You really like to "rip" huh?

And judging by your sig, since you have a larger downpipe and exhaust on the stock tune, the ECU will be throwing more fuel into the mix due to the O2 sensor seeing more oxygen.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You really like to "rip" huh?

And judging by your sig, since you have a larger downpipe and exhaust on the stock tune, the ECU will be throwing more fuel into the mix due to the O2 sensor seeing more oxygen.
That's indeed what I was thinking, and you wanna see excessive "ripping" drive behind Giorgi for 2 hours....

·
Registered
128 Posts
that's too sick...you need to make a video of this. It will excite many of us :p

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Woot! Second on the vid. :beer:

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do apologize guys but I'm rather smashed this weekend and once my suspension is apart sunday my car is garaged until monday where I will shoot directly over for an alignment to avoid crapping up my tires! I will be with my buddy again on Tuesday for another Golf sesh I'm sure he wouldn't mind trying to capture! It's rather impossible for me to do myself :p...

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I had a couple pops with no cat

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I've had some obnoxiously loud pops with my setup but no flames, AFAIK

·
Registered
753 Posts
Can my s40 play?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
I don't know about the flames but early 04s backfired and popped between shifts

·
Registered
525 Posts
I've got 3" CATless with low restriction system and I shoot flames on almost every shift if accelerating hard :)
I talked to a friend of mine who is a studio tech, and we'll try to record the " orchestra" when I take off from a dead stop in a tunnel. With opened windows, that is the orgasmic experience, I could talk about it all day long :)

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
I shoot flames. And not just spurts. Like huge ones that are crazy bright lol. I'm trying to get a video but its hard

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I shoot flames. And not just spurts. Like huge ones that are crazy bright lol. I'm trying to get a video but its hard
We don't want to see you light your farts on fire! :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've heard of Lamborghini Murcielagos doing this, but never a Volvo. Very cool!!

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Having no cat seems to be required to do this. Connor has the same effect.
My point exactly. I Have/Had a Magnaflow High Flow....does this mean that it has deteriorated to nothing within less than a year!? I did notice the sulfur smell is rather high so PERHAPS!

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
My point exactly. I Have/Had a Magnaflow High Flow....does this mean that it has deteriorated to nothing within less than a year!? I did notice the sulfur smell is rather high so PERHAPS!
Ya pretty much. I'm pretty sure that of I threw a cat on...I'd burn through it in a couple weeks ...if not days :D

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya pretty much. I'm pretty sure that of I threw a cat on...I'd burn through it in a couple weeks ...if not days :D
Saves me time as I was gonna gut it anyways! HAHAHAHAHAH

·
Registered
545 Posts
My Typhoon did this a lot. It had about 4 feet of straight pipe after the turbo that dumped out the side.

I will see if my XC can do it, I just put a 3" downpipe high flow cat and turbo muffler in.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts