SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Holy cow...what a deal! (Pat S)

I put a final offer down to my salesman. It is another $650 less than what he says he can do to pay for the last month's payment on my Lincoln.
However, I know his 'lowest offer possible' to be untrue. Another dealership, which doesn't have anything I want
, has 9 R's in inventory! 4 of which are red!
They can offer me $4000 off sticker on a similar priced car. My best deal so far is $3000 below sticker at the local dealership with my ordered car.

I did however, find a fully loaded (sport package, 18" pegs, navigation, rear sensors) $48,000 R that is being offered at $40,000! It is titanium silver(darker silver) with graphite wheels with Nordcap interior. I am not quite sure if I would care for the dark silver with graphite pegs. Talk about dark!!!!

BUT, essentially I am getting navi, sport package, and rear sensors for the same exact price as my current deal on the sonic blue without.
So, if my salesman doesn't bite, I get my $500 back and get the loaded one.

Man, this was fun a month ago. NOW, it's crunch time!

· Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Holy cow...what a deal! (MagoonR)

Quote, originally posted by MagoonR »
That's probably a purchase program. After all, didn't you get an extremely low lease factor of around .5%; probably in lieu of a cash incentive with a higher lease factor?
Modified by MagoonR at 3:15 PM 3-21-2006
Money factor is .00019, which translates to .45%.
Residual is .53%.

· Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Holy cow...what a deal! (Quick Brick)

Quote, originally posted by Quick Brick »
OK, have it your way .. but you are gonna HATE me as I am posting pics
I KNOW.....I KNOW....

· Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Magoon, you are absolutey correct.
The loaded R with $8000 off sticker is that way because of the odd color choice, I am guessing. Titanium with graphite pegs and Nordcap interior. I am sure some would disagree, but not the most attractive combo imo.
The car I ordered is obviously the car I wanted, ...ah yeah...duh?
So, the navi/sport package/sensors are extras that would probably mean much less to me in the long run than the color I choose.

So, obviously part off me wants to get more for my money; but another part says get the car you want.
And yeah my wife so diligently pointed out last night ("You're a pain in the ass!" she said- lol) about dickering with a 100% quality salesperson over $16 a month.

So, now how do I go back and eat my crow by taking the car....but without letting him know I am doing so?

Quick brick and fly by night- you guys drove the nail in the coffin for the sonic blue!

· Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (MagoonR)

Yep, did so last night.
I gave him the details and am awaiting pricing. As I said, I am sold on the sonic blue. It is the color I have been waiting for for 2 months, afterall.

But, I will be curious to how his price matches up with my current deal.

· Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (MagoonR)

Found a better deal on an electric silver with bright 18" pegs. Still through Volvo-money factor/rates remain the same.
Silver car stickers for $630.36 more. However, payments come out to be $555 less overall for the silver R(better deal). So, we are looking at $1185 of a better deal on the silver. Oh yeah, the down payment is $65 more for the silver, so we are looking at $1119.36 difference in favor of the silver.

He is going to send me pics of the electric silver with bright pegs. It has Nordcap interior.

So, I am looking at saving $555 on payments over 36 months...but having a car that am still not quite sure how it will look with silver wheels. Have never even seen the electric silver in person.

However, I am getting bluetooth for free with the blue. So, there is a $500 savings.

WHAT THE HELL DOES ALL THIS BLABBERING MEAN?????? It means that unless these pictures are more impressing than I envision...I am getting my sonic blue R Saturday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.