SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Holy cow...what a deal! (Eric_H)

Must be some incentives out there I reckon. It is about that time of year since carsdirect.com is showing $3500 under invoice as their base price. Assuming this is true, $2500 under sticker before incentive is a reasonable deal IMO.

That's probably a purchase program. After all, didn't you get an extremely low lease factor of around .5%; probably in lieu of a cash incentive with a higher lease factor?

Modified by MagoonR at 3:15 PM 3-21-2006

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Re: Holy cow...what a deal! (MagoonR)

Any lease/purchase incentives out there for the V70 R's?

Tim

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
There is a $4,000.00 incentive on the S60R, I believe all S60's infact, but I just bought a 2006 S60R for $37,200. It was a demo that the General Manager drove with 6600 miles on it. It is an automatic, premium package, climate, convenience, 18" wheels, and electric silver. The sticker was $45,355, so about $8,000 off. I tried to buy four different "new" 2005 models and was able to buy the 2006 cheaper because of the incentives.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Re: Holy cow...what a deal! (t6tim)

Quote, originally posted by t6tim »
Any lease/purchase incentives out there for the V70 R's?

Tim

When I saw the $4k incentive on the S60R I called a few dealers about the V70R and was told there was only a $2k incentive as there are fewer V70Rs made than the S60R

$2k off a MSRP of $45k didn't do me much good and my dreams of the V70R in Sonic Blue with Atacama went poof

Jim

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: Holy cow...what a deal! (vizwiz)

I picked up a black & Nordkap 06 S60R (manual) last week in Columbus OH for $35,900. Premium, Climate and Convience packages, 17" wheels with just over 200 miles. It was a deal that I could definately not pass up and I love the car! I found it on-line on Sunday and called he dealer as soon as they opened Monday morning and told him to mark it as sold. At that price I was happy and felt no need to try and talk them down anymore. But I did at least ask him to include a free Volvo Racing shirt
Plus, with the money saved it's in getting tint and a 3M "clear bra" right now! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

My only fear is that Volvo will start doing big incentives all the time (following Ford concepts) and that will crush resale value...
Pat

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Holy cow...what a deal! (Pat S)

Quote, originally posted by Pat S »
My only fear is that Volvo will start doing big incentives all the time (following Ford concepts) and that will crush resale value...
Pat

You have already purchased at a good incentive so your worries are not too serious. However, Volvo resale (especially the R) is not that great and you are nearing the end of the current platform which may make things a bit worse. This is why the incentives are there.

I bout my R almost two years ago for $700 under invoice (including $1,000 incentive) AND 1.9% for 5 years.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Holy cow...what a deal! (Pat S)

I put a final offer down to my salesman. It is another $650 less than what he says he can do to pay for the last month's payment on my Lincoln.
However, I know his 'lowest offer possible' to be untrue. Another dealership, which doesn't have anything I want
, has 9 R's in inventory! 4 of which are red!
They can offer me $4000 off sticker on a similar priced car. My best deal so far is $3000 below sticker at the local dealership with my ordered car.

I did however, find a fully loaded (sport package, 18" pegs, navigation, rear sensors) $48,000 R that is being offered at $40,000! It is titanium silver(darker silver) with graphite wheels with Nordcap interior. I am not quite sure if I would care for the dark silver with graphite pegs. Talk about dark!!!!

BUT, essentially I am getting navi, sport package, and rear sensors for the same exact price as my current deal on the sonic blue without.
So, if my salesman doesn't bite, I get my $500 back and get the loaded one.

Man, this was fun a month ago. NOW, it's crunch time!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Holy cow...what a deal! (MagoonR)

Quote, originally posted by MagoonR »
That's probably a purchase program. After all, didn't you get an extremely low lease factor of around .5%; probably in lieu of a cash incentive with a higher lease factor?
Modified by MagoonR at 3:15 PM 3-21-2006
Money factor is .00019, which translates to .45%.
Residual is .53%.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Holy cow...what a deal! (Quick Brick)

Quote, originally posted by Quick Brick »
OK, have it your way .. but you are gonna HATE me as I am posting pics
I KNOW.....I KNOW....

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Eric_H »

Money factor is .00019, which translates to .45%.
Residual is .53%.

That's my point. In past year's, Volvo has offered lease incentives which are usually a low MF with Volvo Finance and little to no cash OR large cash incentives if you leased elsewhere (higher MF typically). Essentially, these were a push since they usually offset pretty closely. If you can find both.....go for it.

Modified by MagoonR at 9:16 PM 3-21-2006

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

I put a final offer down to my salesman. It is another $650 less than what he says he can do to pay for the last month's payment on my Lincoln.
However, I know his 'lowest offer possible' to be untrue. Another dealership, which doesn't have anything I want
, has 9 R's in inventory! 4 of which are red!
They can offer me $4000 off sticker on a similar priced car. My best deal so far is $3000 below sticker at the local dealership with my ordered car.

I did however, find a fully loaded (sport package, 18" pegs, navigation, rear sensors) $48,000 R that is being offered at $40,000! It is titanium silver(darker silver) with graphite wheels with Nordcap interior. I am not quite sure if I would care for the dark silver with graphite pegs. Talk about dark!!!!

Weren't you the one who stated in your original threads that purchase price, MF, etc are irrelevant since you're leasing? You were only concerned with the payment.

Therefore, if Sonic Blue is what you want, the $650 is going to change your payment by.......$10 or so/month? Not a deal breaker IMO if that's what you really want. Also remember that all of these other prices you're throwing out on the other cars only matter if the residuals and MF are similar (you would think so if they are all Volvo Finance but some dealers may try to markup the MF).

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Magoon, you are absolutey correct.
The loaded R with $8000 off sticker is that way because of the odd color choice, I am guessing. Titanium with graphite pegs and Nordcap interior. I am sure some would disagree, but not the most attractive combo imo.
The car I ordered is obviously the car I wanted, ...ah yeah...duh?
So, the navi/sport package/sensors are extras that would probably mean much less to me in the long run than the color I choose.

So, obviously part off me wants to get more for my money; but another part says get the car you want.
And yeah my wife so diligently pointed out last night ("You're a pain in the ass!" she said- lol) about dickering with a 100% quality salesperson over $16 a month.

So, now how do I go back and eat my crow by taking the car....but without letting him know I am doing so?

Quick brick and fly by night- you guys drove the nail in the coffin for the sonic blue!

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: (Eric_H)

Magoon, you are absolutey correct.
The loaded R with $8000 off sticker is that way because of the odd color choice, I am guessing. Titanium with graphite pegs and Nordcap interior. I am sure some would disagree, but not the most attractive combo imo.

Actually not that unusual. My neighbor has that car in a 2004 without the sport package. I still think that the price discrepancy depends on how you view the deal (reference prior post about purchase incentives vs. Volvo lease vs. non Volvo lease). Sure they can show you a lower price but they can also show you a higher MF through an external lease company which nets out to not much difference in the end.

Out of curiosity, I would ask for a similar term lease payment on that $48K sticker car and see if this the case.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (MagoonR)

Yep, did so last night.
I gave him the details and am awaiting pricing. As I said, I am sold on the sonic blue. It is the color I have been waiting for for 2 months, afterall.

But, I will be curious to how his price matches up with my current deal.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: (Eric_H)

Yep, did so last night.
I gave him the details and am awaiting pricing. As I said, I am sold on the sonic blue. It is the color I have been waiting for for 2 months, afterall.

But, I will be curious to how his price matches up with my current deal.

http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

This should be interesting to say the least. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (MagoonR)

Found a better deal on an electric silver with bright 18" pegs. Still through Volvo-money factor/rates remain the same.
Silver car stickers for $630.36 more. However, payments come out to be $555 less overall for the silver R(better deal). So, we are looking at $1185 of a better deal on the silver. Oh yeah, the down payment is $65 more for the silver, so we are looking at $1119.36 difference in favor of the silver.

He is going to send me pics of the electric silver with bright pegs. It has Nordcap interior.

So, I am looking at saving $555 on payments over 36 months...but having a car that am still not quite sure how it will look with silver wheels. Have never even seen the electric silver in person.

However, I am getting bluetooth for free with the blue. So, there is a $500 savings.

WHAT THE HELL DOES ALL THIS BLABBERING MEAN?????? It means that unless these pictures are more impressing than I envision...I am getting my sonic blue R Saturday.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts