SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,<p>New to the forums and have just bought a volvo s40 T5 from a dealer the other day.<p>Now I have 2 issues. Other than that the car runs like a dream<br>When I start the car you can hear this hissing sound, like an aircon hissing,(aircon is off at this time) From the dash. This stops after about 10 seconds and doesn't hiss again.<br>Now when I turn the AC on, the hiss comes back at a constant rate, sometimes being louder than other times when the compressor clicks.<br>Cold air is still coming out, but this hiss is really annoying.<br>I have a fair knowledge about cars and find this to be puzzling, Might be low on freon, who knows.<p>The second issue is changing gear and a slight clunking when engaging first and second gear, this is on a 6 speed manual.<br>I thought it might be a transmission mount but not sure.<br>Could be a normal part of the drive train on these cars.<br>Putting the car into first when its cold started takes a smidgen of effort but read that this may be normal. When the car is slightly warm it's much easier to change gears.<p>Any insight would be very helpful.<p>Many Thanks guys and keep rocking.<br>Sal<br>Sydney Australia.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: Hissing sound from aircon HELP....New Member (salsal)

As far as the transmission shifting easier when warm and making some noise when shifting into second, mine does the exact same thing. Car has 40k on it and still under warranty yet i havent found anything that i feel should be looked at yet to be replaced.<p>As for the hissing noise ill have to look into that, but im unaware of any common fixes or complaints at this time.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Re: Hissing sound from aircon HELP....New Member (ForceFed Motorsports)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>ForceFed Motorsports</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As far as the transmission shifting easier when warm and making some noise when shifting into second, mine does the exact same thing. Car has 40k on it and still under warranty yet i havent found anything that i feel should be looked at yet to be replaced.<p>As for the hissing noise ill have to look into that, but im unaware of any common fixes or complaints at this time.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I'm glad im not the only one who has this issue. I've been complaining, but nothing solid to bring it in and demand a fix... yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (sneyeper13)

LOL, I really don't think it's our shifting hehehehe.Okay, try this test out. <br>When you let go of the clutch do you hear a slight ticking coming from the gearbox?<br>Now when you press the clutch the sound dissapears.<br>To me that indicates a clutch bearing at 40,000 Kilometres LOL, but that doesn't really matter, but I think this may contribut to our clutch issues.<p>The dealer is still looking at the aircon, so I'll keep you updated.<br>Also I have another question with the PCV piping/Oil Cooler.<br>Did this apply to all T5's?<br>And was this a world wide issue or only in the states?<p>Thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts