SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Viva has hooked up with Hilton Tuning as an exclusive vendor and their website says a tune is in development for the 2015+ V60/S60 Polestar. I doubt anything is soon to be forthcoming and I don't know how they are going to get past the pin code. I just thought it was nice to see there might be more options soon.

·
Registered
361 Posts
It would appear those vows to your better half about not modding (think that was you) have gone up in smoke. Good work :) Just remind her you are still making good on the vows that count.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, yes that was me. I will do very little to the P, DP, maybe a FMIC, probably not a tune, but maybe. The mods my wife hated the most on my last Volvo was the KW V2 coil overs and the Elevate DP and cat back, kinda loud. Too stiff and loud. I changed the suspension on the P to 12/10, perfectly acceptable to her. and I always drive in D when she is in the car, also perfectly acceptable. Hopefully the DP won't be too loud, I'm going to have it ceramic coated, to keep temps down, don't know if that will make any difference in the sound. She does not care about the money spent, she just wants no "race car" sound or stiff suspension.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Does the shift mapping in D ever improve if you let the programming learn your driving style? I've started many a drive with the intention of giving it a chance to learn but I'm back in manual mode after the first dozen gear changes. In sport-manual, we understand each other.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Does the shift mapping in D ever improve if you let the programming learn your driving style? I've started many a drive with the intention of giving it a chance to learn but I'm back in manual mode after the first dozen gear changes. In sport-manual, we understand each other.
My same experience. I can't give D a chance. Too lazy and not the kind of mapping you'd expect in a performance oriented car. S and I were meant to be, even if I have to do fake manual shifting.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Haha, yes that was me. I will do very little to the P, DP, maybe a FMIC, probably not a tune, but maybe. The mods my wife hated the most on my last Volvo was the KW V2 coil overs and the Elevate DP and cat back, kinda loud. Too stiff and loud. I changed the suspension on the P to 12/10, perfectly acceptable to her. and I always drive in D when she is in the car, also perfectly acceptable. Hopefully the DP won't be too loud, I'm going to have it ceramic coated, to keep temps down, don't know if that will make any difference in the sound. She does not care about the money spent, she just wants no "race car" sound or stiff suspension.
You are on the right track with your mod intentions. Shoot me a note with first impressions once you get your DP on. I actually softened my suspension and much prefer it. Lots of broken pavement here....so I find it actually handles better soaking up the road impurities vs. skipping over them. I've also learned to just mod the lady's car...it is the shiny object distraction while I do my own thing. Besides her summer wheels, it is all OEM...carbon fiber diffuser, front splitter, mirror caps, BBK, etc, etc. Took it in for service today, and the loaner gave me a friendly reminder of why hers is cool. Even though an X5 is a ubiquitous car, her ride is more unique with the mods...which is a good thing, and why we like our Polestars.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Not all that fake really as it actually does what you tell it to do, and quickly enough so that it's quite engaging. Most other autos I've driven take your inputs only as a suggestion and ultimately do what they want. This emulates a manual pretty well.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Not all that fake really as it actually does what you tell it to do, and quickly enough so that it's quite engaging. Most other autos I've driven take your inputs only as a suggestion and ultimately do what they want. This emulates a manual pretty well.
Don't disagree, especially since it's a traditional auto vs. dual clutch. My other two cars are traditional manuals, so it is just different for me.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pretty X5. I don't get my Ferrita DP til late November sometime, then off to Performance Coatings for the ceramic coating, another week. I'll let you know my feed back sometime in December.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I drive in D quite a bit around town. I find the mapping to be a good balance between the super aggressive Sport Auto mode and my previous Auto's. Obviously in Manual Mode you can control how aggressive you want the shifting to be. It does take a bit of time to learn my driving style as I do not like it when it has been reset to factory settings. It is definitely not aggressive on the level of S mode, but I honestly don't want that when I am putzing around town. This is my daily driver, so I like the fact that I can essentially have two "different cars" in one. Driving it around in D almost makes S/Manual feel that much more impressive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts