SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 V70 T5 has the problem ETM. I have 133K miles and am wondering how long it will last? Which member has the highest milage ORIGINAL ETM?

Jerry

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
Which is the exception.
No way to tell.
I had an original that just started to glitch at 141K (but seemingly had more to go), and also had some crap out at 39,000 miles
My wife's is still original at 107K

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great input. Marshcat, WOW, those are impressive numbers. I drive like an old fart (we'll I am one), trying to squeeze the best MPG I can (which averages in the 27's). Marshcat, how would you describe your driving style? Any hints on longevity? Have you had it cleaned?

JRL, I agree, it seems to be a crap shoot. I've seen failures at less the 50K, but until now, haven't seen the upper limit defined.

Jerry

·
Registered
141 Posts
The majority of miles were from the previous owner. The previous owner lived around half a mile from the highway and worked at an office on the offramp. 180 miles round-trip every day, but pretty much all in fifth gear.

The car recieved the ETM software update, but it has never been cleaned. I see 28 on the highway and 24 in mixed driving with moderate acceleration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts