SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well start the caR up this morning and all is normal on the way to work. Go to lunch and again all is normal. While I'm waiting in line (idling) no codes come up or anything so I get my food and pull out into traffic.... super low boost (5psi or less). Instantly I look for vacuum... its normal right at 20psi at idle. So I get home and park the car thinking here we go again hopefully she will figure herself out and all will be good next drive... Well I go to start it again, cold start, and it doesn't do its fast warm-up like usual and the problem is still here. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Chase

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ironically that was my 666th post... **** that cant be a good sign :angryfire:

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
If you turn the car off and back on it still only boosts to 5psi?

·
Registered
94 Posts
My high rev cold start disappeared shortly before my throttle body died. I was also having starting issues where it would start and then die right away. Also the cruise control stopped working.
Do you have any codes

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
He replaced the etm not to long back with a used one.

·
2,505 Posts
Maybe there is a faulty temp sensor someplace. Possibly an ECU reset is in order?

·
2,505 Posts
I think you hit it... The electric fan has been running after all of this.
Do report back, my fan turns on for no reason on the way home sometimes, shuts off when the engine does, but it's 20F and it's running full speed for no reason...

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
I think you hit it... The electric fan has been running after all of this.
Try a coolant temp sensor they are pretty cheap. GL

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have a spare coolant temp sensor if you need.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brought the 242 to work this working. Disconnected the battery on the caR before I left. Hopefully that will get its noodle back. If not I'm going to test these sensors... I have a feeling its the thermostat before doing an ECU reset... don't want to loose the custom tune.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I had issues last year with the fan either running full blast when it wasn't necessary, or the car skipping the high-idle warm-up as well. I reset the ECU and it has been fine since, until yesterday I noticed it didn't do the warm-up procedure again, even though it was 0˚ out. It's been fine the past couple times I've started it though.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had issues last year with the fan either running full blast when it wasn't necessary, or the car skipping the high-idle warm-up as well. I reset the ECU and it has been fine since, until yesterday I noticed it didn't do the warm-up procedure again, even though it was 0˚ out. It's been fine the past couple times I've started it though.
Ugh, this is what I was afraid of. Really don't want to go back to the Autotech tune :(

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Brought the 242 to work this working. Disconnected the battery on the caR before I left. Hopefully that will get its noodle back. If not I'm going to test these sensors... I have a feeling its the thermostat before doing an ECU reset... don't want to loose the custom tune.

ECU reset doesnt do anything to the tune lol...
Thermostat? What? Measure voltage at ECT sensor signal with ignition on. If its 5V, its the sensor.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ECU reset doesnt do anything to the tune lol...
Thermostat? What? Measure voltage at ECT sensor signal with ignition on. If its 5V, its the sensor.
This is good news. No idea why but I have always thought it did.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Nope pull fuses 23 and 6 under the hood I believe don't hold me to it and try to start the car. Then put them back in and start it and your ecu will be reset.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Any chance this could be TCV related? My ARD one seems to do weird things when it gets super cold.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I'm surprised nobody has tuned out the cold start feature yet (especially guys that are catless or have loud exhausts) . It is so obnoxious

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I tried for a while wtihout it. But its cool. Because supercar and i want my neighbours know when im off to work lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts