SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, i have checked all the lines for leak, fuse, etc...but cant see them work?. Any ideas.:mad:

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes!!! Tried with the cortesy lights on, headlight on, off, etc

·
Registered
42 Posts
hmmm, I know you may have try this, but anyway...have you check the washer water level?? head washer jet require quite a lot of water??

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, the water tank is full. Weird thing is that both doesnt work.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Windshield washer and rear glass washer working OK?

I'm sure you know, but the headlight washer will only activate once every 10 minutes (At least I think it's 10 minutes) so testing requires shutting it off and turning it on all the time. Do you have any clicking or other sounds like it's trying to work when you trigger it?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes everything works perfect, but i dont see any qny kind of movment on the headlight washers, seems that something is disconnected or something. Fuse is ok.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
@volvos60t5x Did you ever find the problem? Mine aren't working, either. I just replaced the one on the right side. All lines appear to be connected, fuse is good, and I just topped off the fluid. Is a headlight washer pump replacement the next option? Windshield and rear work fine.

Is there a schematic showing the wiring/tubing for the headlight washers?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Thanks, gg. Those will be helpful.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Check the fuse it may have been pulled out, some people dont like that stuff and may disable it.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
The fuse is in, and it appears to be good.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
In that case it could be a dead pump.

Mine work with headlights in the off position as the DRL is running.... then in the on position and only on the first spray. THey DO NOT work when the parking lamps are on.

There is a timer of 5min which prevents them from washing so that they dont waste washer fluid.

In your case its either the pump or programing but I think that they all were turned on from the factory which leads me to beleive that its your pump that may be bad. You could have wiring issues as well.

May be good idea to pull the passenger side lamp out and look at the pumps down below. The reservoir is behind the lamp further down. I think the pumps are visible. There is one for the wipers, and one for the headlights.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I'm leaning towards the pump, too. I saw it when I removed the bumper (insanely easy) to install the replacement right headlight washer (not so easy).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts