SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a morimoto 3five kit, my left bulb burnt out( can visually see it burnt out) I purchased one set of cheap bulbs and one set of morimoto XB bulbs because i could not find a regular set of 3fives on eBay.

Neither set worked and I tried it with various combos of bulbs and wires, my right bulb still works just fine but my question is has anyone tried these new morimoto bulbs, should they work and if not what should I be looking for or trying.

The only other way I can think of is moving my right bulb to the left ballast and see if it sparks up but other than that and buying a specific 3five kit I'm lost.

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Fiy I didn't fixed the problem, if anyone finds this thread and is having problems just don't give up lol.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I retract my statement, I had both new bulbs working and for some reason my left one won't fore up now but it doesn't look burnt out.

The problem is my left side bulbs keep having trouble firing up.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
so did you see if it's a bad ballast?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it worked for a little while on the new bulbs could that still
Be a bad ballast? I notice the right one is now having trouble getting turned on or warmed up but then after turning them off and on it stays running( just the right)

Also thins happened after I washed my car and since I opened them up I usually get moisture In them I'm wondering if that had an impact. Maybe the moisture is keeping them from warming up?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
still having issues? maybe moisture got in some connections - could do drop a couple desiccating packets (i keep the ones that come with shoes) into the headlight. or maybe it's your battery if you're having issues with both headlights?

one of my morimoto bulbs went out after like 5-6 years and i put in a pair of new 5500k xb35 a
few weeks ago without any problems.

the older pair were 5k bulbs but had gotten closer to 6k with time

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
still having issues? maybe moisture got in some connections - could do drop a couple desiccating packets (i keep the ones that come with shoes) into the headlight. or maybe it's your battery if you're having issues with both headlights?

one of my morimoto bulbs went out after like 5-6 years and i put in a pair of new 5500k xb35 a
few weeks ago without any problems.

the older pair were 5k bulbs but had gotten closer to 6k with time
I narrowed down the problem to the driver side ballast, the cable that connects from the battery to the first ballast for some reason doesn't show any water damage but when I pull the socket out halfway the lights work fine but it has to be pulled out just right I'm not sure why this happened but they are working now. ( could still be some water damage)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
TRS is pretty good about backing up their products and can probably send you a new cable/harness. but glad things are working now -- with the shorter winter days, having good lighting is key

I narrowed down the problem to the driver side ballast, the cable that connects from the battery to the first ballast for some reason doesn't show any water damage but when I pull the socket out halfway the lights work fine but it has to be pulled out just right I'm not sure why this happened but they are working now. ( could still be some water damage)

·
Registered
84 Posts
My hid kit wouldn't fire up either right or left side. And I ended up with a burnt windshield wiper motor. His were on my 2004.5 s40 t5 for a week.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts