SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I have a 2005 s40 with projector headlights. I have HID ( converted ) low beams which work fine and are a lovvvvverly colour. I use my main beams a lot driving to the girlfriends house and want to get HID's for them too. as far as i can see from the net ( toooo lazy to check in the car ) i have H7 main beam bulbs on my car. I assume i can just get another HID kit and use that for the main beams ? only issue i can see is flashing ppl will be a bit delayed due to the HID's sparking up ?! is that right ? lol

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Yeah, I think the biggest issue would be that they take a bit to warm up, so any time you switch them on, you'll have to wait for them, as mentioned. I also wonder if the constant on/off cycles would kill the HIDs faster...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
worth a try :p the ones i have atm were £20 from hongykongy arrived in 3 days and have been running on my dipped beams ( on whenever i drive ) for 5 months now :p

baaargain !

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Adamsilver, can you clarify what you mean by dipped beams? Do you mean the lower-voltage daytime running lights? Or do you mean the regular headlights (not high beams) or the fog lights? I guess what's throwing me off is when you said "on whenever I drive".
I probably shouldn't be thrown, since I leave my headlight switch on the full on position 100% of the time, never switching it off on car shutdown.

Sorry to be a bit dense....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha. I mean my standard headlights. In sunny UK we call them low/dipped beamm then hi/main beam is when we click the stalk.

As far as im aware there both 55w H7 bulbs. My headlights i run now have 55w hid's and run fine with no canbus computer errors. Ordered the same again.

:)

Sent from my Samsung S3 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts