SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have swapped bulbs and ballasts so I know they are ok as they are working on the other side.

Any ideas? Can someone please tell me where is the fuse for HID low beam?

P.S. the one that is not working is on the left (drivers) side. HIDs are OEM, factory built in.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Your manual has a list of what fuses go to what. IIRC, the fuse for the headlights is located in the fuse box under the glove box, not the engine bay fuse box.

Edit: check fuses 51 and 58/59 (depending on which side)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem is my manual doesn't state which fuse is for xenon low beam lights.

In my manual fuse 51 is "Fuel filter relay" and 58/59 are for high beams.

Fuse 54 is for park assist and for Bi-Xenon option. I don't have Bi-Xenon (my high beams are halogen) and part assist works fine.

[Anyway, I'll check all 5X fuses tomorrow during daylight.

Thank you! :)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fuses 51, 54, 58 and 59 are fine, just checked them.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
If you have stock HIDs then you have Bi-xenon. Stand outside the car and have someone turn on your high beams and you'll see that the low beam projectors light up even more. Surprisingly, the halogen high beam bulbs do very little over what the xenons do, that's why I disabled my high beams.

Since a fuse isn't your problem, I would check all the wire harnesses and make sure everything is connected properly.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well, contact cleaning spray solved the problem - it was the ground pin for Bi-Xenons in main headlamp connector.

Your "how-to" video also helped a lot to dismantle the headlamp - thank you Michael! :) :beer:

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Not a problem, glad the videos can help somebody! :) I had wanted to see videos on how to remove many of the things that I did; figured others may want videos too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts