SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not the best picture, but I am impressed....no blinding light to oncoming drivers and it looks much better in person.....need to figure out how to get a shot without glare. I did this without cutting any holes at all, the digital mini ballasts fit inside the housing, the color is a pretty white..white with a slight hint of blue so it doesn't look "ghetto"

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4n_lGy6yl9VeWU4dnFoc0hma2M

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow, very impressive! Would you please share with us where you purchased the HID?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, very impressive! Would you please share with us where you purchased the HID?

I purchased the set from a local dealer but I'm sure you can find them anywhere......Beware of HID kits from overseas sites that you may not be familiar with as those sites could disappear any day (china). I would also stay away from the very low priced sets on the internet because from my understanding the ballasts are very cheaply made and tend to fail within 3 months or so. I bought mine locally because I know the guy, and if I have any issues I can just swing by his place and get a replacement without issue.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you for the info. I purchased two pairs for my Camry and Pilot from Ebay. I was lucky that both of them had lasted more than two years now. However, I heard that you have to use a special something to trick the computer of the XC60, when you use third party HID. Otherwise you will receive a warning. I am afraid that the trick might do some damage to the car. What do you think of this? Can I have some info about the brand and model number? THX.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the info. I purchased two pairs for my Camry and Pilot from Ebay. I was lucky that both of them had lasted more than two years now. However, I heard that you have to use a special something to trick the computer of the XC60, when you use third party HID. Otherwise you will receive a warning. I am afraid that the trick might do some damage to the car. What do you think of this? Can I have some info about the brand and model number? THX.

Installed without issue, did not need the warning canceller because it never triggered

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the info. Could please let me know the wattage of your HID? Is it 35w or 55w? THX.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts