SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Its time for me to change my HID, my left unit has been blown out..May i know reliable brand or type and specification to change this HID? seen previous owner changed to China brand one....

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Do you have OEM xenons, or did you install a HID kit? And is it the bulb that's out, or the ballast?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have OEM xenons, or did you install a HID kit? And is it the bulb that's out, or the ballast?
i think previous owner install the HID one....white + light blue color on, just check on the ballast its China made.....:thumbdown:
not sure about OEM xenon...what the difference between xenon and HID actually?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Xenon and HID are the same if I remember correctly, just a different way to say it. 6 to one, a half dozen to the other.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Xenon and HID are the same if I remember correctly, just a different way to say it. 6 to one, a half dozen to the other.
Right. I was just trying to identify what he had, as OEM bulbs and ballasts would differ from aftermarket kits.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The stock Bi-Xenon are a little different than standard xenon/HID. They offer xenon light output for both high and low beam. We have a shade in front of the bulb while using low beam and the shade opens while using high beam and also a conventional hologen high beam for tons of light (the hologen also allows flashing your lights).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The stock Bi-Xenon are a little different than standard xenon/HID. They offer xenon light output for both high and low beam. We have a shade in front of the bulb while using low beam and the shade opens while using high beam and also a conventional hologen high beam for tons of light (the hologen also allows flashing your lights).
thank mate. mines in low leam in white+blue color. while in high beam is orange..its look like normal bulb....so...need me to change back to OEM bulb or HID/Bi-Xenon is better? how the OEM's bulb look like and where i can get it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts