SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have an 02 s80 black on black and have the regular halogen lamp set up. I would love to get a HID kit and some fog lights for the little lady and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? I have googled "hid kit" + "volvo s80" and came up with a couple different companies doing it just wondering if anyone had any personal experience or knew of anyone who had. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot you guys!

dark

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for your quick reply. i googled the MTEC 4500K kits and found some places to buy them, Ill let yaknow how the install goes when i get them in. I should order them in the next couple of weeks depending on how my visit to the dealer goes. still under warrenty but a bit scared of the dealer
. You are leaving the volvo life and getting a Camry i see. congrats on your new car and thanks again!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Re: (2k2S80t6)

Quote, originally posted by 2k2S80t6 »
I have heard a lot of complaints about the PIAA kits. I take it you are happy with them?

Never used one but heard many recommendations about them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another los angeles s80 driver on here? that is great! I will check into the PIAA kits and read some reviews. Im still researching the whole thing. I was thinking of getting the calabassas dealer to install some fog lights when i bring it in for service (still under warrenty) so maybe they might have some suggestions as well. Thanks again for the help guys.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Re: (dragon17)

I have the mtec's in my s60 and they are a quaility product. I went for the 6000k which i think is a nice color, not too blue just right. The mtec's are good beacuse they don't set off the headlight out warning. A friend of mine installed the mtec's in his s80 (8000k) and he is loving it as well. You might have to reposition your head lights so you do not blinds people.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (dragon17)

S6t0 T5er,
I will look into that kit right after i finish writing this post. I want to order some as soon as i do a little more research and get some suggestions so thanks for the heads up!

Dragon,
Over in the Mt.Washington/ Eagle Rock area next to Silverlake.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts