SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Drivers headlight went out about a week ago. I ordered a new bulb and put that in and it still doesn't work.

What should i try swapping from the other side? Is the part the bulb goes into something that fails? What is the "model Number" on the ballast if I need to look for a new one?

Is this the correct one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-VALEO-O...Parts_Accessories&hash=item35bccb4837&vxp=mtr

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will the HID light up if it's not actally in the headlight and just plugged in hanging in the engine bay? I ask because I'd like to try the passanger bulb in it but I don't want to put it all the way into the headlight because it's really easy to break one in there.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Will the HID light up if it's not actally in the headlight and just plugged in hanging in the engine bay? I ask because I'd like to try the passanger bulb in it but I don't want to put it all the way into the headlight because it's really easy to break one in there.
I would think it should although I would be very careful about how you handle it while energized.....if not it could end badly for you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would anyone be willing to take one of their HID bulbs out of the headlight housing, rest it in engine compartment still plugged in and see if it illuminates with key on without being in the headlight housing?

I'm not sure if it has to be in there to complete a circuit or something.

I have one more bulb that I KNOW is good so I want to make sure if I test it that way it will light up if the ballast is good without putting it into housing.

Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have yoou checked all fuses involved in the engine compartment. You did not give car year, but look at 17, 18, 20, 21.
Thank you. Fuse #18 was blown.. I put a new one in and turned key on for a couple minutes. LIGHT STILL DOESN'T LIGHT but, didn't blow the new fuse.

What would cause this fuse to blow?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sorry, your question isn't really one that can be answered from the forum. Sadly I think you should just take it to a shop....if your not careful you can literally kill yourself with these headlights. If it is a short and that is whtat most likely caused the fuse....then it's a safe bet that something that should not be energized, is......Don't take the risk man.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Take the bulb that is not working from your driver's side and see if it is working on the passenger side. If it is then most likely it is your ballast. That's what happened to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts