SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!

I've been a member in hiding here for a while, so it's about time I said hello to you all in here! :)

First of all, it's impressive, the amount of knowledge in the forums! So thank you very much! :D

Well, to something probably more interesting:

I bought my V50 in August 2011, unseen and untried from a dealer over 1000 miles (1700km) from where I live. (Stupid some would say, I know, I know... :p)
I saw the ad online and immediately fell in love with the car!

So, 1000 miles+ north in a '06 V50 1.6 Diesel and home in a '05 V50 T5 AWD!!! :D

And here some pics AFTER cleaning the car :p

Yeah, it definitely needs lowering and new rims... Couldn't find any of the latest pics, but for now I'm all in detailing and keeping good care of the car!

Thanks for stopping by, and hopefully I can contribute with something in here! :D

*Edit 02.26.16 Fixed pics!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Gratz. I love my '05. lol I kinda forgot how high it was stock. I hope you'll be happy with her!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I know the feeling, she IS a lovely car. Yeah, you can fit your head between the tyre and the fender... :p Oh, I'm really happy, it's in the blood... (It's all volvo's in the family, this is mine, my old man is driving a 850 and my uncle is driving a old 242 :D)

Looking forward to 5 months of snow and ice here in the cold north, haha!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leather looks great too!

Enjoy the ride! Keep updated with photos!
Thanks! It looks even better when treated, photos coming up very soon! (50/50 pics is always cool!)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Haha a "Volvo for Life" family. Same here. I just traded my 2000 Volvo S40 In and got the 2005 S40 T5 AWD.

Completely with you on the anxious feeling for snow and cold! Gonna put the Haldex to gooooood use ;)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Haha a "Volvo for Life" family. Same here. I just traded my 2000 Volvo S40 In and got the 2005 S40 T5 AWD.

Completely with you on the anxious feeling for snow and cold! Gonna put the Haldex to gooooood use ;)
Hehe, my early childhood memories include a totally restored 245 with a beefed up V6 my dad built... That makes an impression on a 6 year old boy! :)

I changed to the studded tires this saturday, started to snow on sunday, and I just had to try the pull on all four! :p AWESOOOOOOME!!!

Some pics after cleaning some more...

Oh yeah, I do have the feeling that I will keep this car for a really long time! This is so rare in Norway, due to the taxes on this kind of car...
With today's exchange rate, this car would've costed around 115.000 (onehundredfifteenthousand) USD new... Not kidding! :eek::eek::eek:

*Edit 02.26.16 Fixed pics....

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hei, gratulerer med fin bil. Jeg har hatt en 05 V50 T5 FWD de siste åra og har hentet mye nyttig info her på swedespeed. Velkommen!

Welcome, you are right -very few T5 owners in norway. This is a very nice forum with lots of accumulated knowledge on our cars.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Nice car and nice pictures! :thumbup: :)

How did you clean the rubber carpets?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Welcome! is the V50 from Tromsø?

Here's my Norwegian company car while visiting Stockholm :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hei, gratulerer med fin bil. Jeg har hatt en 05 V50 T5 FWD de siste åra og har hentet mye nyttig info her på swedespeed. Velkommen!

Welcome, you are right -very few T5 owners in norway. This is a very nice forum with lots of accumulated knowledge on our cars.
Heisann! Takk for det! Slår over på engelsk her for tråden og fellesskapets skyld... :p

Thank all the members and (*insert imaginary deity*) for Swedespeed!

Nice car and nice pictures! :thumbup: :)

How did you clean the rubber carpets?
Thanks! I cleaned them with degreaser, and some Meguiar's dash/vinyl treatment. They were a little slippery in the beginning, so be careful if you do the same! But they're really easy to clean now, as the dirt won't stick! :)

Welcome! is the V50 from Tromsø?
Yeah correct, it's from Bil I Nord! It's a long ways drive from Drammen... :p

Welcome. This is a very rare combination for the American market....Wagon, T5, manual, AWD and with HIDs!! :thumbup:

I see slight damage on the driver's seat outer bolster. Make sure you condition it frequently. Mine still doesn't have any tears.
Thank you!
Huh, I thought this was quite common in the US! :eek:
The T5 in general is very rare in Norway due to the ridiculously insane level of taxes based on weight, engine effect and emissions. I follow the used car market regularly, and in the last three years, I have seen a total of eight V50 T5's (all GT's) and three S40 T5's...

I'm going to fix it, it's a shame as the rest of the interior is in mint condition!
The plan is to sand it down with fine grit paper and then add some leather-color to it.

Nice wagon! And welcome to SwedeSpeed officially.

Did you trade in the diesel? Like to see some pictures of that too!
Thank you very much!
Yeah, traded in the Diesel. Only thing good about it was the MPG... :p
Will add some pics when I find them somewhere in the harddrive-jungle...

"Hi y'all??" Are you from the Norwegian south? :p
Haha, almost! The closest town is the self-proclaimed capital of "Rånere" (Do a google search...)
And we're ridiculed by pretty much all of Norway... Hehehe... :p

Now this was a long post, but thanks again for the warm welcome, and to the SS family! :D

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bumping this one, fixed all pics! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts