SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/highlander2s.jpg/
highsaltire, scottish borders. hi. i have a 1996 850s 5 door 10 valve 2.5 non turbo stick shift. allso had a 1999 v70 awd auto waggon, tranny problems saw the end of that one. i find the 850 feels more like a volvo than the v70. i got mine for a good price, all brakes and timming belt plus clutch done few months ago. all paper work to varify. got a couple small jobs to do on it. it runs very well for a car with 161,000 on the clock, engine very smooth and quiet. it allso had a new head gasket and skim done. water pipes round engine replaced. and new rad fitted, so not to much for me to worry about this year. small jobs to do. sort out small blow in exhaust, stone chip in radiator leak, pitty its not that old. liquid metal repaire for now i think. strange buzz sound from around the drivers air vent near door, right hand drive. it starts when i turn on ignition, stays there all time but faint. ? tail gait plastics need kit to sort it, tail gaite rams a bit week. 2 small rust patches on each front wheel arch, bad design, needs new metal welded in, ill do this once i see how much the rust has spred, wings off for repaires. small oil leak at back of engine down low near the top of sump. not sure yet if engine oil or atf. no back pressure or smoke from dip stick so all seems fine there. last problem is , passenger side head lamp seems to be on all time, only goes out when i turn light switch to first position ? side lights. day running lights on first position to. thats about it folks , thank you for reading, all in all not a lot to do . its 7am here cold and windy and dark out side, some rain to. im going to walk 4 miles to town, get the stuff i need to fix the radiator, then im on the road. will patch the rad in the car, i can fix it in place. saves lots of time and work. will update as each job comes up, weather permitting, if possible will take a few pics to. like i said i hope i posted this in the right place. :p

·
Registered
287 Posts
Looks nice and clean. Congratulations on the good catch. There are days I wish we had 2.5L 850s here in the States.

·
Registered
51 Posts
oh and the headlight thing could be a relay that has broken, a little vague but then again my electrical knowledge is also quite vague :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts