SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Long time car enthusiast in sie German world, and made an unexpected purchased from the Swede world. Back in mid August I stumbled into the Volvo dealerships lot just for SnG's and to eye the Polestar. When I saw a Crystal White Pearl w/ Beechwood interior it was kind of love at first site, but nah not a Volvo I thought to myself. I have a friend who lurks on here with a 850R and S60R plus countless other Volvo adventures who lurks on here. Well he peaked my interest even further and why not send in the email to the lovely sales department and see where this leads, as my current lease is up in January. Coming from a background in the car industry myself, I know the ins and outs, and low and behold they nailed within $5/month of where I wanted to be (after a few back and forth emails) and I became the owner of a Volvo S60. F me what, have I done, a sporadic quite expensive purchase but the wife was on board so why not (it's a lease, if I hate it she goes back anyways right?).

Vehicle now has about ~2,500 miles on it now and there is no doubt in my mind I made the right choice. Initial impressions when I first drove off the lot were my god am I really going 60 already, the comfort is phenomenal, and gizmos and gadgets for days. Took me about a week to fully navigate my way around the tech side of things, but now I think I pretty much have everything dialed.

Only modification I have done was the Recaro add on, which I don't think the seat is too comfortable but the person that sits there doesn't have any complaints. Not sure if I will do anything further with the Volvo or not as I see the aftermarket world for this platform hasn't quite taken off like the German world, but she's still new and we can see where it leads. Definitely won't be doing what the local Volvo Volvette wonder has done, who is personal friends with my buddy (I'm sure you guys have heard of him) With rule #1 here are some terrible pic's of the car, the recaro, and my stupid self.

Day of Purchase w/ Old GTI in background:

Recaro Option ;):

Only Random Pic:

My stupid self w/ car in background (Hi, my names Nick):

·
Registered
84 Posts
Beautiful car. Welcome! I'm about 18 months past my drop in at the local dealership that had me the owner of a 2014 S60 myself. Really enjoy the car. Other than a having to switch dealers to get some nagging issues addressed all has been well.

TJ

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Great looking color combo! We love the Beechwood. Its what sold us ours.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new car! Sharp, love the interior as well. The car will continue to grow on you.

Happy motoring.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Initial impressions when I first drove off the lot were my god am I really going 60 already, the comfort is phenomenal, and gizmos and gadgets for days. Took me about a week to fully navigate my way around the tech side of things, but now I think I pretty much have everything dialed.
Hey there,

Like you, came from a German car and it took me a while (maybe about a month!) to navigate around all the gizmos/tech. I was pretty blown away by all the creature comforts but perhaps I could attribute part of that to the fact that I'd been driving an older German car (though truth be told I somewhat miss the suspension and handling on it).

·
Registered
339 Posts
Great looking color combo! We love the Beechwood. Its what sold us ours.
And it's much better in person than photos. In my dealers photos the beechwood looked more orange than brown. I picked up an onyx black V60 with the Beechwood interior. Upon seeing the car on the showroom floor I was sold. The black and the beechwood is simply awesome.

I've admired the design of the Volvo SUV's for quite some time. The design that was started there and carried over to all of their vehicles is aging well. There are older Lexi and Mazdas that looked cool at the time but now seem dated. Volvo's designs have been more timeless. Not that it will be reflected on resale value, it's just nice to know that the styling is holding up over the years.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new S60!

I leased my 2015.5 S60 T6 Platinum last February and it just passed the 10k mile mark. Mine is Caspian Blue Metallic (dark blue) with Beechwood interior and the 19" BOR wheels. I really wanted to add the 'Exterior Styling Kit' (consists of Front Bumper Bar, Rear Skid Plate and Side Scuff Plates) and Rear Spoiler but not at dealer prices. I debated a while because I am only leasing it for three years, but ulimately I gave in and bought and installed them myself (with the help of my brother-in-law, a body shop pro)!

It took three weeks for them to finally accept my offer ($1k down and $368/month for 36mos with 12k miles per year). They started with $3000 down and $429/month! But they were very professional and friendly throughout the entire process and I've never experienced that during prolonged negotiations with a car dealer. (My grandpa was a car salesman and eventually co-owned a Ford dealership with two partners, so I was taught how to haggle before I learned to walk)! =)

Anyway, I'm really enjoying my T6! I get compliments on the Beechwood interior from everyone who sees it, even strangers at the gas station. It's a pleasure to drive and with the exception of a poorly fitting center console trim panel, which was immediately replaced under warranty as soon as I noticed it, I've had no unplanned visits to the dealer. I may end up buying it at the end of the lease...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey there,

Like you, came from a German car and it took me a while (maybe about a month!) to navigate around all the gizmos/tech. I was pretty blown away by all the creature comforts but perhaps I could attribute part of that to the fact that I'd been driving an older German car (though truth be told I somewhat miss the suspension and handling on it).
Have you consider trying to add Polestar Drive E Performance Optimization upgrade and IPD rear Anti-sway bar to increase the fun-to-drive experience?
Both are also removable for those who lease their cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts