SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have a 2005 s40 T5 AWD. Over the summer, I wanted to connect my iPhone to my car, but I had no idea how to do it.

I eventually went with the Parrot mki9200 system. I have had awesome luck with it. There was a problem though, there was not any information on the internet about how to install it. I really did look hard!

If anyone wants any information on how to do it, we can either make a new post or just post in here. There was no soldering involved and it really does work well for a hands free option.

I dont have a lot of knowledge about s40's, but I will do my best to add to the conversation.

I have been a long time stalker of the forum and I just decided to join!

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Welcome, Axiom! A fellow New Englander, all right! I'm from VT, so it's nice to have another member from the area. Most everyone on here tends to be from Washington :p

·
Registered
989 Posts
Welcome bro. I also lurked this forum for months before joining so I could learn about our cars. I'm a fellow New Englander-RI. Good luck with your ride!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome, Axiom! A fellow New Englander, all right! I'm from VT, so it's nice to have another member from the area. Most everyone on here tends to be from Washington :p
Thanks Guys. I am from NH. My wife is from VT. Veefifty, are you the one that did the angel eyes mod to your v50? I just ordered the adapters for the city lights that you did. I was wondering if there is a way to still use the city lights and power the angel eyes.

I guess that we have NE almost covered!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Welcome Axiom.......enjoy the chatter!!!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I'm in VT.. and Quebec:) But since I drive more in VT than Quebec, I can consider myself from VT.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Thanks Guys. I am from NH. My wife is from VT. Veefifty, are you the one that did the angel eyes mod to your v50? I just ordered the adapters for the city lights that you did. I was wondering if there is a way to still use the city lights and power the angel eyes.

I guess that we have NE almost covered!
That is me! You could splice into the city light wiring to pull power for the halos. I didn't want to keep the city light and wanted to retain the ability to return to stock so I got the adapter to avoid cutting. PM if you need any help when doing this!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is me! You could splice into the city light wiring to pull power for the halos. I didn't want to keep the city light and wanted to retain the ability to return to stock so I got the adapter to avoid cutting. PM if you need any help when doing this!!
I was just wondering how this looks without the city lights on. Maybe the Angels compensate.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
I was just wondering how this looks without the city lights on. Maybe the Angels compensate.
Ask and you shall receive...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is having the drl turned off a dealer required visit? I hate the dealer down where I am. They blow!

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Is having the drl turned off a dealer required visit? I hate the dealer down where I am. They blow!
Yup, and be ready to pay at least $75, probably more like $100 for some dumb software and a five minute job...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup, and be ready to pay at least $75, probably more like $100 for some dumb software and a five minute job...
Screw that. I think that i am just going to keep the DRL's on for that price. I know it wont look as good, but my dealership sucks, they are real jerks.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
I got them through superbrightleds.com - got the angel eye rings. I've had good luck with their products.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Welcome Axiom! Let the modding begin...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts