SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<br>I'm new here and just recenlty bought a 2003 XC90 D5 Auto. <p>I was wondering if anyone has experienced the problems I'm having. When I tun the steering wheeel I feel click in the my hands through the steering wheel - its hard to exlpain, but you really notice it when you drive. I thought it may be the plastic casing arounf the sterring coloum getting stuck, but now I doubt it. <br>Also there might b e a bit of play when I move the steering from left to right it moves very slightly before the wheel moves. There power sterring fluid is fine and there are no leaks.<p> Has anyone seen this before or it is normal or if there a easy fix for it? <p>Thanks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've seen it on my Dad's world war II jeep( you had to turn a quarter turn before any response from the front wheels. ...definitely suggest the need to have it looked at by a professional.<p>

·
Registered
827 Posts
Re: Hi - 2003 XC90 D5 - strange feeling when turning steering. (Infinity_UK)

<br>Try to find where the play is. Get someone to move the steering wheel slightly and remove enough<br>plastic covers to see where the moving stops...<p><br>Does the blinker do the auto shut off? Might be in that mechanism that is causing the feel.<br>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts