SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Terence, I remember from Annapolis that you had done several mods to your 850. Any chance you'd want to elaborate? I thought I remembered you using something from the V70R, but I couldn't remember.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I think that he is using the turbo and wastegate from the 70. He has a decent site that is a bit more elaborate. Errr, um I don't have the URL in front of me now though. Oh, and George, were you on Shady Grove Road heading away from the Airpark at 7 (ish) Sunday PM? If it was you, then the guy in the red 850 making a left towards the Airpark was me...HI. If that was you, what type of exhaust (tips maybe) do you have. Ever so clean looking I say.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi George,

Prospero is correct, I have the turbo from the x70T5, and my current max. booxt is 16.5psi. The basic items in the upgrade consists of the Mitsubishi TD04HL-16T turbo, 300/70 wastegate from Euro '99 V70R AWD, fuel injectors from x70T5, 2.5" downpipe and cat and custom programmed ecu. Pulled 229hp and almost 230lb/ft of torque at the dyno without a fan blowing air to it. My website has a page on this upgrade, so feel free to check it out (sorry forgot how to post link) http://members.aol.com/tlui99/turbo.html
Talk to you later

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'll check it out. Who's software are you running or rather who programmed your ECU?

I don't think it was me. I've still got my Volan 17s on right now, which would be the only outward giveaway. I'll probably be putting snow tires and hubcaps on within the next two weeks. If you spot the thing in a parking lot, I'm a giveaway because I have a VWvortex.com decal in the back side window. We haven't had Swedespeed decals made yet, so I'm kinda off, but that's okay.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi George,

My ECU was programmed by a friend in Sweden as a favor from him. However, I did do some homework regarding custom ECU and I found out that PES can do custom chips. The price is $650 (for their base program) + $75/hr of extra labor. I think they do need your car on the dyno though.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
If either of you are in need of getting a chip programed, I have access to a nice assortment of Data I/O equipment and programmers at my location. All that I would need is the program that you want burnt and the chip or device part number. If the chip in the ECU is removeable, it would be wise to make a backup copy, especially in your case Terence. One of my projects in the somewhat distant future is to have the ability to adjust my ECU as modifications are made.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.