SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently had this same issue where my 2004 S60 R would hesitate, it backfires, stalls, and studders. I had my fuel pump changed a week ago because I smelled gas and :mad:that was covered under a recall. The problem continued and my car started stalling out under load (hard acceleration) and I ended up taking my car back a few days later and the dealer replaced the FPS which was not included in the recall (due to my VIN#). My car is still hesitating, stalling and backfiring. Anyone have any other ideas?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Clean your MAF, check vacuum lines, make sure your spark plugs aren't **** and do the rest of the Stage 0 things. If the problem persists, then go from there.

Also, get a bluetooth OBDII reader (for like 18$ on amazon) and download the app Torque (6$). You can read live data such as fuel pressure, AFR, intake temps.. etc... also check codes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help I will try these and let you know. I just bough the car a month ago and have already put $450 into it.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Thanks for the help I will try these and let you know. I just bough the car a month ago and have already put $450 into it.
Welcome to the R. lol I've had it for a year and besides car payments, I've dropped over 2,000$ in stuff.. Which did include my 640$ in brake parts. Also, tires... However it's still money.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
If you don't know what stage 0 is, just look at the R forum sticky's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the look ahead into the future lol. I just traded a 2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T for this R with 6MT. Me and my ego need to have a talk. I was tired of losing at the lights.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yeah do the basic, simple, and less expensive options first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts