SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Really, I just wanted to check it out in the flesh - but my sales manager as usual, makes me a deal I couldn’t walk away from. :)

OK so I’ve ragged on white, black and gray cars in the past; boring gray scale I’ve called it. Now here I am with white and gray V90’s, and a black Benz. Lol. Do love this sexy Savile Gray R-Design!

Btw, shipping spacers left in the front springs by my dealer prep guys (again) thus the front fender gap..

Folks with R-Designs, sport suspensions, check for shipping spacers left in the springs:

·
Registered
321 Posts
you be da man. 2 wagons!!! Congrats and enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
You made the correct decision.

:bow:

·
Registered
12,440 Posts
Ah yes, forgetting shipping spacers, a time honored Volvo tradition for decades.

Congrats on the new ride, BMO Pete, looks sharp even in that "boring gray scale"!;)

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you be da man. 2 wagons!!! Congrats and enjoy

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice. Care to break down MSRP and price paid. I’m doing some shopping myself.
Thanks! It's and end of year '18, so big corporate discounts including Loyalty. $62K list, got it for $54K. The clincher was getting $22K for my '15 V60 trade (right before my 70K service due). It's so rare to find one of these on the lot, and I was very impressed with the test drive - nice performance and surprising compliant ride (considering the lowered sports suspension, no airbags and low profile tires - 255/35r-20).

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ah yes, forgetting shipping spacers, a time honored Volvo tradition for decades.

Congrats on the new ride, BMO Pete, looks sharp even in that "boring gray scale"!;)
Thanks Wayne! It's a beaut! This is a nice grey - I think this beast in Rebel/Cyan Blue would be too much Smurf, even for me. ;)

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where do the shipping spacers go? Between spring coils, I assume? Are they visible without removing a wheel? I want to check...
Yes they are visible; for the left front, crank the steering wheel all the way to the right, viewing from the back of the tire (opposite for the right side). If there, they are inserted on the outside of the springs.

To remove, simply jack-up the front, unloading the spring, and pull the spacers out by hand.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Wow; Beautiful!

Guess you’ve taken leave of the P3 Wagon Land, huh? I drove the V90CC and while I found the engine and driving experience relatively uninspiring, the cars are undeniably nice.

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
12,440 Posts
Yes they are visible; for the left front, crank the steering wheel all the way to the right, viewing from the back of the tire (opposite for the right side). If there, they are inserted on the outside of the springs.

To remove, simply jack-up the front, unloading the spring, and pull the spacers out by hand.

My RD was also Savile Grey, very nice. That car also had the shipping spacers still installed as did my '04 S60 R 15 years ago, so I guess I jumped the gun on calling it "decades" that Volvo has been forgetting to remove these. I bet there are quite a few cars on the road with this suspension "enhancement".

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Welcome to Savile land!
I hesitated at first (my gf got to pick the color, I got to pick the engine) but it's a real beauty! Downside is that it shows off "washing swirls" easily. But hey, more quality time in the garage with the polishing machine! ;)
Think I need to check for the shipping spacers. I've read about a couple that had them on while getting delivery but I haven't checked mine. The only spacers I know of is my 4x15mm for the wheels. :p

·
Registered
206 Posts
sweet ride.
curious about 2 things:
Can you spec. the RD with heated steering wheel
Can you spec. the RD seats with the ventilated/cooled function

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow; Beautiful!

Guess you’ve taken leave of the P3 Wagon Land, huh? I drove the V90CC and while I found the engine and driving experience relatively uninspiring, the cars are undeniably nice.

Enjoy!!!

Hey Dude, thanks! Yep, the original plan was to keep the P3, mod it to the max, but the more I thought about what near term maintenance (70K service, brakes, tires) and potential out of warranty repair cost, the more I began considering the new SPA V60 coming next year. Then my dealer has to bring-in this V90 RD in...discounted to probably where the new V60 RD would be.

As for the V90CC (my wife drives), she's more than fine with the performance - actually more immediate acceleration (from the supercharger) than her former XC60 T6 3.0.

You know I'm not a fan of the 4 cylinder sounds coming from drive-e's under harder acceleration, but in reality, those moments occur a small percentage of my daily drive. Cruising around at or below 2,500 RPM's, the engine feels and sounds fine. I do intend to add the Polestar flash to this new V90 RD this year, to liven up the shifting and bump the overall power a little closer to the old P3. Btw, the shifting speed using the paddle shifters on this V90 RD is pretty quick, especially compared to the P3.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome to Savile land!
I hesitated at first (my gf got to pick the color, I got to pick the engine) but it's a real beauty! Downside is that it shows off "washing swirls" easily. But hey, more quality time in the garage with the polishing machine! ;)
Think I need to check for the shipping spacers. I've read about a couple that had them on while getting delivery but I haven't checked mine. The only spacers I know of is my 4x15mm for the wheels. :p

Hi thanks! I think your front fender gap looks correct (also factoring-in you're parked on an incline there), but still worth a check. My dealership prep'd my car while I was finishing the purchase, so it was rushed.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
sweet ride.
curious about 2 things:
Can you spec. the RD with heated steering wheel
Can you spec. the RD seats with the ventilated/cooled function

Thanks.
Thank you!

I don't see those options available for the RD in the US (heated steering wheel would delete perforated leather; cooled seats would require full perforated leather - not the case for current RD having all leather or leather/nubtex. I'm basing this on the configurator, which is still showing 2018, so this may change for the 2019 model year.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts