SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<br>Here is helpful tip for all C70 owners. A few years ago I found that<br>every time I washed my car I would get water entering between the<br>window and the vertical part of the weather stripping. This was due<br>to the collapse of that area because that area is hollow and aging. <br>If you push on this area with your fingers you will see what I mean.<p>So what I did was gently pulled the stripping from the body metal.<br>What I found was there is a small manufacturing hole at the bottom<br>where it starts to curve.<br>I took a screwdriver and push thru this hole to gain access to the inside<br>of the stripping. I then filled this chamber with aquarium air tubing.<br>I used both rigid and flexible in 12 inch strips. I used Vasiline as a lubricant<br>and they slid right in. This gave this chamber support sort of like the new <br>Run flat tires. The area regained the nice arc it once had and produced a <br>perfect mate between the strip and window glass. No more leak.<p>I forgot exactly how many cuts I needed per door maybe 8 to 10.<br>It's freezing now but when we get near spring I will take some pics.<p>Hope this helps those who are getting ticked off when hosing down <br>your car or going thru the car wash.<p> rd <br>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts