SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 S40 T5 the car recently exhibited a overheating issue yesterday the cel came on for p0116 and service engine soon in info display I switched out the thermostat and coolant temp sensor with genuine Volvo but what I've noticed is how the fans used to run now they don't the only thing I've done was those two besides removing the air box using another guide found on here which shouldn't affect the fan when engaging ac fan will run in a quick burst (2seconds) then slow down to nothing can anyone put any insight on this for me I'm not trying to lose a car to overheating how could it go from working to all the Sudden not ?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
If the fans arent turning on it may be because they dont need too now, if the thermostat was bad it could have been prompting the fans to come on more. Are you sure the cars still overheating?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the car overheats after sitting idle at either stops etc fan never cools the coolant through the radiator but idk how a simple sensor change I ordered mine off ipd genuine Volvo would cause the fans to stop

1 - 3 of 3 Posts