SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the car delivered to my house this past Tuesday (10/06/15). Have not washed the car once, but was at the dealer a few days ago to get floor mats and some accessories. Now just today when the sun came out, we saw that the paint was full of swirls, not sure what to do with this?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
First thing I would do is have a conversation with the dealer and share with them what you shared with us.....

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts
Got the car delivered to my house this past Tuesday (10/06/15). Have not washed the car once, but was at the dealer a few days ago to get floor mats and some accessories. Now just today when the sun came out, we saw that the paint was full of swirls, not sure what to do with this?
You are going to need about $500 for a paint correction. Same thing happened to us. Idiot dealer sprayed it down with water and proceeded to wipe it down. Swirls everywhere.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First thing I would do is have a conversation with the dealer and share with them what you shared with us.....
Ya I probably should do that, but I am just not sure what to expect lol.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If not, find a good detail shop and have them re-detail the car. The swirl marks are from the buffer machine.
Hmmm interesting, never had a car detailed yet, would you believe after the detail either a protective coating (opticoat or Gtechniq) or film be worth it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are going to need about $500 for a paint correction. Same thing happened to us. Idiot dealer sprayed it down with water and proceeded to wipe it down. Swirls everywhere.
What did the dealer end up doing for you? And also, on a side note, how is your nappa leather holding up?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts